Any Husbands here do all the planning?

Oh yeah, I'm the vacation planner as far as details and reservations go. My wife and two daughters choose what location (Disney, Gulf Shores, Gatlinburg, etc) then look at me and smile while tapping their feet waiting on me to put together the fine details. I submit those details for opinions and facial expressions, then take the facial expressions and opinions and make changes. Then I submit the final plan for approval.

Then I have a little break before I have to hook up the camper and get us there...

I enjoy it really

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

I do all the park planning, FP+s, and ADRs. Run the dining options by DW and we decide together where we will eat- since mostly we do TS at fine dining/signature restaurants- so if I got it wrong my head would be on the proverbial block. We always leave two free days out of 9-11 that are loosely planned, then when we are there she determines what we will be doing those days if the loose plans don't float her boat.

I'm the DH of the house, and I used to do a huge amount of planning. Over the years, DW got into doing the planning as she loves searching out deals for air fare, car rental, etc. I still determine the parks days and arrange ADRs (with her input.) I like it this way as her increased involvement has increased her interest in going to WDW more often. She always enjoyed it, but I was the Disney buff in the household, now we're pretty much equally devoted to it. :earsboy:

My wife's input ends at the determining the dates we will go. I enlist as much additional input as I can get, but it usually just ends with, "You just pick and schedule". I do everything else.

DW handled the travel arrangements and accomondations - the DVC points end of things as well as the airlines. I'm handling the ADRs, FP+ and overall plans once we are there - what parks and rides to do on certain days as well as where we eat. I think it's a pretty even split.

Yes I do all the planning, reservations, etc. I do all the leg work ,internet searches, allears, wdwinfo, look for the deals and put it all together.... Then get final nod from the boss. Then she packs!!

Of course, I do all the WDW planning. I'm the man of the house. I tell them when we're going, how we're getting there, where we're staying, where we'll be eating, what they will order, which parks we're visiting, which rides we're going on, etc. And, although it's true that I do all the WDW planning on behalf of our family, if you believe the rest, then I have a bridge that I can sell you for a really good deal.

Nope I leave it to DW.....I go with the flow but she is more obsessive about things than me so it is just easier to let her do the planning and just my 2 cents in. :rotfl:

I do it all. My wife says she likes that she and the boys can just enjoy the vacation without thinking of anything that has to be done. Sometimes I think she has no idea how much hell it could have been if I wasn't as prepared. It's all good though, I prefer it this way.

I love my husband for planning all our vacations. We tell him where we want to go and he makes it happen! Love it.

Not married but I do all the planning for my girlfriend and I's Disney trips. From the plane tickets, to the hotel, theme park, Fastpasses, and dining reservations, its all me. I just ask my girlfriend before I book our trips if there's anything specific she wants to see or do or even eat at. No problems, yet...

I do all of the planning for all of our vacations. I don't mind. I'm the Disney nut. DW will give me input as to where she would like to dine at WDW and I try to make that happen. Lately we have been staying at the Coronado Springs Resort (the last four trips) but I always check the prices at different resorts and ask if she would like to try somewhere else and I tell her the price difference. Then we decide. I take care of it all; flights, resort, packages, FP+, ADR, etc. I also plan our other trips after discussions about destinations. Cheers!!!!!

Funny thing...I do all the planning, making ADR's, picking parks, scheduling FP (grrr) of course running ideas past DH for input etc, but once we are there at the resort DH becomes the "team leader" and I happily go along for the ride.

Well, I'm the wife, but I'll chime in on behalf of the two obsessive planning dads who pointed me to the DIS a few years ago. They are the singular planners in their families, but I don't think they post here to say so when they're not in the midst of working on a trip.

One of those dads is the one who really showed me what "planning nut" means when he whipped out the color-coded spreadsheet complete with rides, meals, breaks, and backup plans. He didn't technically list out bathroom breaks, but I'm not sure whether he allowed them at all!

:rotfl: great post!

I create the spreadsheet and make a bunch of plans. As my daughter got older (22 now) she is doing most of the technical ride reservations and messing with MDE. I do have certain requirements from DW in my planning: 1. We must spend most of our nights at Kidani. 2. Plenty of time for wine. Other than that I can color code that chart as much as I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter