Any Husbands here do all the planning?

skateshome

Mouseketeer
I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

Sorry meant to post this on this forum instead of DVC forum.

I'm the husband and do all of the planning. Planning vacations, particularly Disney ones, is my favorite hobby.

We've gone enough times that I know what my wife and kids like and don't like. The biggest thing I have to be careful about is not overplanning (if the kids get too tired and cranky, I get blamed).

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

Sorry meant to post this on this forum instead of DVC forum.

Yes. I have always done all the planning. I ask what they don't want to miss, and then go from there.

I don't do ALL the planning... we share a good bit though. I do the major stuff, like how long, package type, etc... We both decide where to stay. She plans all the stuff we should all do.. then I put together the daily plan with all the stuff she says we need to do.

We're both podcast listeners (although she more than I).. and we're both Disboarders (although I'm more active than she). We both read the threads about the same though.

I'd say were a good team.

I have always done the planning for our WDW vacations and DCL vacations. Heck I've done it for all of our vacations because I love doing it. We always discuss locations for meals together though and basic itinerary stuff.

I do the majority of the planning. We tend to stay at the same resort, but I do look at other locations. I suggest parks for each day. The trip this year the planñing was focused on FP+. I did all the research, including how to handle MDE and explaining the ins and outs of the system.

Disney is fairly easy since we have been a number of times. Planning a 17 night trip that starts and ends in Memphis that includes Salt Lake City, SF, Portland, Seattle, Cheyenne, etc, with 15 different hotels and activities everyday is hard. That takes several discccucscscicocnccccpccc::::ccc

I am the Disney nut and do the planning, but I have to be mindful of my wife's need to have a relaxing and spontaneous vacation. Sitting with her next to the not so quiet quiet pool at CBR right now.

I am a husband who does all the vacation planning ... Including Disney, mostly because I'm obsessive about research. I utilize Trip Advisor a lot during the process for normal vacations. For Disney I rely almost exclusively on DisBoards.

I really do enjoy the planning and probably enjoy the trips as much or more than anyone.

I do everything for our trips. Mostly because I like to have plans and my wife tends to procrastinate.

I do run things by her, and we discuss as a family, but in the end, I make the reservations and what not based off what I know about our family.

The one thing most Husbands need to be wary of is not going too crazy and "Griswolding" the trip. I've been guilty of that in the past!

Put me in the group as well. My wife will tell me what special things she wants to do and typically has a list of what restaurants we will be dining at but then its up to me to formulate and then execute the plan.

Yes, mostly. My wife is not a Disney fan, but I think she's come to appreciate the Disney resorts (not so much the parks). We have 3 girls, so she likes to go because they like it. I do run stuff by her, and she has a few opinions here and there, but mostly she wants me to plan it (which I enjoy). I'm a SAHD at the moment, so it helps me focus some intellectual energy.

Now packing, on the other hand... I really struggle with that!

Well, I'm the wife, but I'll chime in on behalf of the two obsessive planning dads who pointed me to the DIS a few years ago. They are the singular planners in their families, but I don't think they post here to say so when they're not in the midst of working on a trip.

One of those dads is the one who really showed me what "planning nut" means when he whipped out the color-coded spreadsheet complete with rides, meals, breaks, and backup plans. He didn't technically list out bathroom breaks, but I'm not sure whether he allowed them at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter