Any Husbands here do all the planning?

Well, I don't know if they're on here, but you should check out the Mighty Men of Mouse podcast sometime. Three men that very much seem to be the primary planners in their families. They always have great content & a truly entertaining show.

Same here... Plan each trip. I get told when we're "allowed" to go and then take it from there...

I do all the planning for our trips.
DW as usual just approves.
I even plan out the DCLs, planning for future DVC trips, and maintain the planning Excel spreadsheet to ensure I can do what I want in the future.

I end up doing all the planning for all our vacations, my wife's input tend to be at the level of what time of year and size of room. My wife does has opinions about resorts and restaurants, so I put together a plan and she usually just rubber stamps it.

Ditto here. Except could be a veto instead of a rubber stamp.

I do the planning for my family, but engage them in the decision making process after I've made the decisions. That way, they all buy in on my decisions.

Another husband here that does all the planning. My wife gets too stressed and lashes out when she gets frustrated. Plus, I personally enjoy planning. :earsboy:

My wife said as long as I don't make her stay at value resorts anymore I can plan whatever I want

I do the planning as well...but, my wife tells me what she is interested in for each trip.

I'll rough out the shape of a trip, fly it past my wife for her requests and adjustments, then book everything myself.

Yes, I do the majority of the planning. I leave the Fast Pass selections for the most part for my wife. I really enjoy planning the trip. I take care of the resort booking, DVC account dealings, airfare, car rental, and most of the dining too. Now I always check with the Mrs' to make sure that I am not forgetting anything... :yay:

well my wife married a Disney nut so i handle everything especially now with the extra level of planning with the new fastpass system.

Oh Wow totally amazed by all the husband planners my DH wouldn't recognise a plan if it hit him on the head

Our first trip I spent weeks trying to get him to look at the WDW map because he was doing all the driving but kept getting remarks about his wonderful sense of directions didn't need maps. Then the whole time we were there he was driving muttering I can't drive here I don't have a feel for the geography of the place.

Now I plan but don't even tell him I'm planning then on the day I make helpful suggestions that we could do whatever I've planned and we do.

Yup just because its Disney doesn't mean us Dads don't plan. I have done all the planning up to now. I just need to know when she has holidays at work. The tide has to change for this March 2016. HAHAH she is going with her sister and the kids, she now has to start looking at where to eat, what days to go to what park and what to do at those parks. I did help here with the resorts and the days,(doing a split Poly/AKL). Her 180 days is just a few days away, we will see. She's shaking, but has started to read alittle more and now understands how much goes into picking the right day, right park, right dinner.
I am hoping that now she doesn't yell at me for being on here so much.:love1:

My wife planned our first trip with the Kids in 2007. We stayed at All Star Movies. The next year I did the planning and we stayed at the Contemporary. Since then we joined DVC and I do all the planning.

Yup, I do it all for my family and really enjoy it. I help out many people at work going on their first trips and seasoned vets as well. Everyone tells me if I ever lose my job in IT to just become a travel agent or open up my own agency, but I don't think I could take the pay cut lol. My wife always jokes with her friends that when we go to Disney I have the schedule so thta she knows when she can go to the restroom each day lol!!!

I do all the planning. My in-laws come with us too. I send them and DW the spreadsheet a few times throughout the process but rarely get any input.

My wife said as long as I don't make her stay at value resorts anymore I can plan whatever I want

Oh yeah....hell no on the value resorts. We had a 4 night stay at SSR one year but airfare sunday night was way cheaper than monday morning....so we got a night at pop century. checked in at 11 pm and were out by 9 am and bags sent to SSR....that was enough for my wife to nix values in the future. When the bathroom door barely cleared the toilet she was done. We are DVC snobs now. I tell her when we are out of points that we can get a cheap value resort.....and I get that look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter