Any Husbands here do all the planning?

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?
Not only do I do all the planning , but I do all the paying too .Except for maybe the first 3or4 trips the wife just goes with the flow . as stated before she likes Disney but not like I like Disney .

I do 100% of the planning. If I had to wait for my wife to get it done, we probably would have lost 75% of our points over the years. Even if I say to her, "you get to pick the where and when for this year in the future", she cannot decide on anything until it is too late to even attempt to use points ie she decides she wants to stay at Boardwalk with 1 or 2 months notice, and it can only be this one week, which happens to fall in Food and Wine. I am always planning at least two to three years out though so there is usually plenty of time for her to approve/disapprove of my plans well before it comes time to actually book anything.

Yup, I plan, she approves. She's a former cast member and doesn't like going as much as I do :rotfl2:

I do all of the planning; not because my wife is not a good planner or disinterested, but because I have a more extensive background than she does in "playing the game", i.e. finding value and securing opportunities in a grossly overpriced playing field. Unfortunately in this game, knowing a "tip" or a "trick" is frequently the difference between a missed opportunity and a very memorable vacation event.

I do all the planning, she does all the packing, then I take out half of what she packs and she packs again!

I also end up hijacking friends trips and planning for them (friends don't let friends stay at pop century,they take them to animal kingdom Savannah and poly lake view)

I do all the planning except if my wife chooses a place to eat but I do all the work. Same goes for my 2 co-hosts on the podcast.

I do!
But then again this question probably doesn't apply to us because there are two husbands but no wife in our house.:duck:

Now that's funny right there.

I do the planning. My wife is a type A personality and I'm laid back....but when it comes to the tips and tricks and times and dates.....that's all me. She's is not a math mind at all and the numbers and what not......she just trusts me on that end. She tells me her preferences and I make it happen. I find great airfare deals and we now plan our trips around that. $360.20 round trip for a family of four each of our next 2 scheduled trips.....can't beat that. I'd prefer to go maybe some other times.....but when I get $90 round trip....I'll take that time.

We discuss the dining options we want as a family, then I do the planning from there. What days we are in the certain parks and all the other stuff. I enjoy. I just did our Fast Passes this past Sunday night at midnight and got everything I planned out. It actually worked out perfect for me because Sunday night football ended, I had a 1/2 hour to go back over my plans and then I got on and got our FP's done. And got my DD the always tough to get A&E FP!

The only reason my wife keeps me around is to plan her vacations.:duck: If something ever happen to me, she wouldn’t have a clue on how to book a room.:scared1:

Ditto here. The wife just tags along blissfully unaware.

One trip, I actually forgot to tell her and she had no clue until I started packing. That is how much my wife doesn't participate in our planning.

Last edited:
I do most of our Disney vacation planning. It's very rare for her to plan one, although she has pulled off a couple of surprise trips over the years.

I do!
But then again this question probably doesn't apply to us because there are two husbands but no wife in our house.:duck:

Ha, awesome! Well it still applies b/c the question was any husband here who does all the planning. And you are a husband who plans.
Need at least one planner in every family (otherwise you end up in the Rants section when starting a thread on the Dis).

Like the rest of you, I do the planning and run it by her. She'll give feedback or ask a question about a dining reservation but otherwise is content with whatever I plan. Once there if she wants to change things, we do but otherwise it's all me.

I plan it all out also. The wife is happy as long as I schedule her afternoon at the spa. Me and the kids are then free to play all week.

I do all the planning. DW jokes she is not going to know what to do if I die. How would she and the kids go to disney. Lol

Once and a while I will ask her to do something but I pretty much plan everything and dw and kids are along for the ride

Not only do I own Disney planning (and timeshare usage generally), I also make dinner nightly.

I am, however, forbidden from doing anyone else's laundry. Apparently, I am not reliable in spotting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter