Any hope of APH rates for late May?

marylandteachergirl

Mouseketeer
Hello?

Just wondering if historically any of you have seen APH rates for late May, to include the Friday only (Wed- Fri. with Saturday check out) of Memorial Day weekend?

I have been waiting and waiting... and checking and checking.

Three years ago we got that rate, but I was able to stay seven days then. Can't this time. I see there are SMSM rates for the following week. :( Should I give up hope?

I'm waiting for memorial day week too Saturday 28th May to June 4th. Week before is showing AP rates but not this week. I'm holding on a little longer.

Last edited:
We stayed at RPR last year at the end of May. I don't believe there were any APH rates available at any of the resorts for the Friday, Saturday or Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. The discount was available on Monday (Memorial Day) as well as Tuesday-Thursday of that week, though.

My old email confirmation shows I made our reservation on February 22 last year, so don't give up hope yet!

I'm hoping for Wed through Sat. morning of Memorial Day wknd. Even if I can't get Friday at APH rates, it would help if I can get Wed. and Thurs.

Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep checking. I haven't seen any special pin codes for awhile either. I wondered if people might hold off, waiting for Kong, but it doesn't seem so.

I'm hoping for Wed through Sat. morning of Memorial Day wknd. Even if I can't get Friday at APH rates, it would help if I can get Wed. and Thurs.

Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep checking. I haven't seen any special pin codes for awhile either. I wondered if people might hold off, waiting for Kong, but it doesn't seem so.

i have AP rate earlier in May, lowest than i've seen for that time frame so far out.

YMMV, but it's my experience you can't mix & match rates in one reservation at U or WDW. You could book separately and try to link but always would have chance of moving into another room.

Have always been able to modify our existing reservation when AP rates are released, suggest booking something soon to have room at the inn.

I'm booked with an APH rate ($209 RPR water view) Sunday, May 22 - Tuesday, May 24th then heading to WDW for 6 nights. Our plans may need to change a bit, and I'm wondering if APH rates will come out for Monday, May 30th (Memorial Day) - Wednesday, June 2nd. From previous posters it seems like this may be likely, but any advice on when I may be able to expect that rate to come out is appreciated. Also, if I should book now at the standard rate, and then switch if APH rates come out, or wait to book once APH rates are announced? Thanks!!

I'm booked with an APH rate ($209 RPR water view) Sunday, May 22 - Tuesday, May 24th then heading to WDW for 6 nights. Our plans may need to change a bit, and I'm wondering if APH rates will come out for Monday, May 30th (Memorial Day) - Wednesday, June 2nd. From previous posters it seems like this may be likely, but any advice on when I may be able to expect that rate to come out is appreciated. Also, if I should book now at the standard rate, and then switch if APH rates come out, or wait to book once APH rates are announced? Thanks!!

1) Did you call Universal & ask if the days you want are either blacked out or sold out under the APH discount?

2) Find last years "Date & Rate Thread" here to see if anyone reported obtaining the APH rate for this time period. Normally, the date the person posts will give you a good idea of 'when' they obtained their rate.

As I stated above, IMO, a good idea to have a reservation booked to avoid higher or non-avaiilability, then modify it if a better rate comes out.

i have AP rate earlier in May, lowest than i've seen for that time frame so far out.

YMMV, but it's my experience you can't mix & match rates in one reservation at U or WDW. You could book separately and try to link but always would have chance of moving into another room.

Have always been able to modify our existing reservation when AP rates are released, suggest booking something soon to have room at the inn.
I booked almost a year ago. :) Last night I saw that AP rates we available for 2 of the 3 days of my stay. I called, but they would not/could not modify. I had to cancel previous reservation and re-book. The last night went up $10 due to rebooking and I may have to move rooms. Since the express pass covers the check out day, I may consider the last night at Cabana Bay instead of $409 at RPH. Not sure if I feel like moving resorts or not. I am thinking about it. That is the Friday that starts Memorial Day wknd (our last day) and I doubt any discounts will be forthcoming.

1) Did you call Universal & ask if the days you want are either blacked out or sold out under the APH discount?

2) Find last years "Date & Rate Thread" here to see if anyone reported obtaining the APH rate for this time period. Normally, the date the person posts will give you a good idea of 'when' they obtained their rate.

As I stated above, IMO, a good idea to have a reservation booked to avoid higher or non-avaiilability, then modify it if a better rate comes out.

Unrelated - nut we just got home from Adventure of the Seas yesterday. Wishing you a great cruise!!

I booked almost a year ago. :) Last night I saw that AP rates we available for 2 of the 3 days of my stay. I called, but they would not/could not modify. I had to cancel previous reservation and re-book. The last night went up $10 due to rebooking and I may have to move rooms. Since the express pass covers the check out day, I may consider the last night at Cabana Bay instead of $409 at RPH. Not sure if I feel like moving resorts or not. I am thinking about it. That is the Friday that starts Memorial Day wknd (our last day) and I doubt any discounts will be forthcoming.

Sounds like they linked the reservation as to possibility of moving last night.

I'd def move to cabana bay in that regard.

We are looking forward to the cruise, glad to hear you had a great time!

last years date/rate thread for May

May

5/11 - 5/12
PBH
Minion Suite
$464.80 ($522.90 after tax)
APH
mexxican

5/12-5/15
HRH
garden view 2 queen beds
199/night
APH
marchingstar

5/20
PBH
Garden-View, complimentary youfirst upgrade to Parlor Suite
$199+
APH
keishashadow

5/23-5/26
PBH bay view (no garden avail)
$269
2 rooms same price
zachnelli

5/25-6/2
PBR
2 Q Deluxe
205.25 per night
APH Platinum Upgrade (will be a suite if one becomes available)
pcstang

5/26 - 6/3
RPR
2 Rooms
Club Level 2 Queen
$243.10
SMSM
Club Level King
$182.00
Cheaptickets 25% Code
DisMom 72

5/28-5/29
RPR
Standard King
2 adults
$215
Cheaptickets 20% code
KE4UA

5/29-5/31
PBH
Deluxe King
$224 per night
APH Platinum Upgrade (will be a suite if one becomes available)
bluer101

5/30-6/5
RPR
2 queen Standard Room
180.18 (INCLUDES taxes)
cheaptickets 25% off rate
angryduck71

5/31-6/5

5/30 - 6/1
RPR
Garden view 2 Queens
$199/$174 = $414 [w/tax]
APH

PBH
2 Queen Bay View
$239.00
AP
DisneyWhoDat

I am definitely not seeing AP rates for Friday, and while I am considering moving to Cabana Bay for the last night of our three day stay (pre cruise), there is a part of me (clearly the lazy part) that just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of moving properties. I will continue to check, but maybe I missed the AP rates already. I at least got Wed. and Thurs. though. :)

Bluer101, did you recently find this rate?

Thanks!

I am definitely not seeing AP rates for Friday, and while I am considering moving to Cabana Bay for the last night of our three day stay (pre cruise), there is a part of me (clearly the lazy part) that just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of moving properties. I will continue to check, but maybe I missed the AP rates already. I at least got Wed. and Thurs. though. :)

Bluer101, did you recently find this rate?

Thanks!

Last year I got it and pretty much every year for that time. But all bets are off with all the changes.

We got APH rates that included that weekend two years ago, but I thought maybe because we stayed 7 days. This time, I didn't even see SMSM rates for my dates. It's okay, and I will keep watching, but not holding my breath. I don't think Kong will quite be open - thought people might delay visiting, but it doesn't look like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter