Any Hints on Traveling with DDs 8yo, 3yo & 16mos?

MonikkaM

Earning My Ears
Any advice from seasoned travelers? We'll be landing at ~6:30pm on 3/27 and leaving around 4:00pm on 3/31.

We are staying at the Pop Century Resort (don't know where) and while we are there, DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on the 30th and my Birthday comes right after that on the 2nd of April.

How much should we really expect to get done and what is some stuff that the kids would really enjoy? This is our first time going as a family and my first time going since early 1998!

It's kind of hard to answer your question briefly. There are LOTS of rides that you'll be able to enjoy with the kids. That's one of the things that makes WDW unique over other theme parks.

Here's what I'd do. Get as early a start in the am as you can. Be at the gate at park opening. Take a mid-day break -either napping or swimming. Head out for an early dinner - 5:30 - 6:30pm, either in the EMH park, or near it- and stay as late as the kids temperments will allow. Be sure to see the fireworks at least once, and the MK parade. (Illuminantions, Wishes are the best. We didn't care for Fantasmic all that much, but some folks love it.)

Get a stroller that reclines, so the little one can start his nap in it, if needed. The kind with a hood and a basket under it.

Make sure the kids drink plenty of water! They might not realize that they are getting dehydrated in the sun. You might have to force them to drink at times. Better to make more trips to the restrooms, then to have dehydrated/sick kids.

Some people prefer a slower pace with little ones, and don't care if they only see a few things. We prefer a more aggressive approach, but our family thrives on Disney. All of my nieces and nephews are such that they can go for a week on less sleep, and make up the difference when they get back home, but I know other kids NEED their sleep - and just can't tolerate changes to their sleep patterns. It depends on your kids.

LAst, be certina to ask about baby swap passes at the roller coaster type rides, if you choose to go on them.

Check out the Disney website for a list of rides that are great for the little ones, complete with sound clips/pics. Their list is pretty good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter