Any Hawkeyes out there? (or Cyclones, Huskers)

staci

DIS Veteran
All these state threads made me wonder if anyone was from Iowa? Or Nebraska?
We are in Cedar Rapids Iowa, but all my extended family, including my brother, are spread out across Nebraska.

So, any Hawks or Huskers out there? :flower:

Hi Stacy...
What a handsome young man. Sounds like a great trip coming up in October.

Some Hawkeyes here. We are from Iowa City. Maybe you saw an article in the Gazette last year about a rental home in Emerald Island that we owned.

Yvonne and I are now retired and we spend 3 winter months just south of Disney in a rental home. We go to the parks about 3 days a week and have a ball.
I have posted a lot on the Hotels and Attractions board just above this one. We have been to Disney 40 plus times in the last 30 years with kids and now grandkids.

If we can ever be of help let us know. We have really become familiar with the rental market in the area for homes and condos and play lots of golf in the area...

Go Hawkeyes!!

Grandpa Ted

Go Hawkeyes!!! :teeth:

I was raised to bleed black and gold and grew up just southwest of Iowa City. My husband and I are both U of I grads. We live in Newton now which seems to be about evenly split between Hawkeye and Cyclone fans. As long as the Cyclones aren't playing the Hawkeyes I wish them well.

Lets hope for a great football season this year.

My husband just got offered a ticket to the Iowa/Iowa State game so he is very excited.

We are in southeast Iowa and have been Hawkeye fans forever. Our DD #2 is a junior this year at U of I. Go Hawkeyes. :cheer2:

Jen

go Hawkeyes!!!

I am from Des Moines....Hello all you Iowans!!! Great weather we are having right now....school started...and the sweet corn is great. Not to mention the Iowa State fair was a test run for my kids for WDW. It was PACKED the day we went and the kids walked all day from 12 noon to 10 pm...then I saw Keith Urban at the fair but my seats sucked...when I saw him in Waterloo last year at Thanksgiving time, I was super super close and have great pics. I am not going to a grandstand concert again!! Too far away!! We fly out Sept 28 on American and got great prices thru Disney. Have a good week Iowa!! :sunny:

:wave:
Hi Everyone!

tednvon, we lived in iowa city until about a month ago! I graduated, and we sold our home and bought one in cr, where I was raised.

ncombs, my husband was raised just south of iowa city as well! He went to highland....

Nice to know Im not the only disney nut around here!

We lived in DesMoines for 3 years ...my oldest son was born there .... he'll be 21 in October. We've been back home here in Mass. for 20 yrs., but I have lots of wonderful memories of our time there....oh yes we loved the Iowa State Fair , we went all 3 years while we were living there !!! I worked at Mercy Hospital in DesMoines and loved it and we had wonderful fun neighbors,too !

Nebraskan here! We've been here for 3 years and just love Omaha. Nice to see a few other midwesterners here! :earsgirl:

My brother lives in Omaha (millard), right now attends UNO. Have some great aunts and uncles there too!

MOMOFMNM said:
go Hawkeyes!!!

I am from Des Moines....Hello all you Iowans!!! Great weather we are having right now....school started...and the sweet corn is great. Not to mention the Iowa State fair was a test run for my kids for WDW. It was PACKED the day we went and the kids walked all day from 12 noon to 10 pm...then I saw Keith Urban at the fair but my seats sucked...when I saw him in Waterloo last year at Thanksgiving time, I was super super close and have great pics. I am not going to a grandstand concert again!! Too far away!! We fly out Sept 28 on American and got great prices thru Disney. Have a good week Iowa!! :sunny:

We were at the Keith Urban concert too. My husband got tickets through his job so we had seats in a special box area. They were great. I agree though, the majority of the seats in the grandstand is horrible.

staci said:
My brother lives in Omaha (millard), right now attends UNO. Have some great aunts and uncles there too!

We're in Millard too! Originally DH is from KC, but we were in Atlanta for a few years (work) and when we wanted back to the midwest Omaha was where we landed. I had actually never been here before we came for Dh's job interview, but it is really a great town. I do miss being within reasonable driving distance (really great flight distance) to WDW like we were in Atlanta though!

Yeah, Omaha to Orlando flights leave much to be desired!

But I LOVE Henry Doorly. We took DS last summer when he was 9 months and he LOVED it.

staci said:
Yeah, Omaha to Orlando flights leave much to be desired!

But I LOVE Henry Doorly. We took DS last summer when he was 9 months and he LOVED it.

You should try the Children's Museum in Lincoln some time. It is FABULOUS for younger children. The one in Omaha is nice, but I think Lincoln is better for the little ones.

They have a children's zoo there too, which is nice. It's not as big as Henry Doorly obviously, but it's great for pushing a stroller through (nice and flat, that hill at HD is a KILLER!)

mcgrawfan said:
We were at the Keith Urban concert too. My husband got tickets through his job so we had seats in a special box area. They were great. I agree though, the majority of the seats in the grandstand is horrible.

OMG~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so jealous...

I :love: :love: :love: KEITH!!!

the only seats that were good were those RIGHT up front! NEVER again I tell you...
we were soooo close to him in Waterloo we could wave hi to him and he even walked around the arena~~ there were MAYBE 500 at that concert...plus it was not so freaking hot and expensive...parking and admission what a crock!!

mom2alix said:
You should try the Children's Museum in Lincoln some time. It is FABULOUS for younger children. The one in Omaha is nice, but I think Lincoln is better for the little ones.

They have a children's zoo there too, which is nice. It's not as big as Henry Doorly obviously, but it's great for pushing a stroller through (nice and flat, that hill at HD is a KILLER!)

I was at the zoo in lincoln as a child, we actually drove by it in june but didnt have time; we will have to get back there with him. I had forgotten about the children's museum too... thanks!

Oh, and the hill at HD sucks! When I was 14 we took my grandfather, and I got the job of PUSHING the wheelchair up it! :earseek: 11 years later and I still remember that walk!

we are just north of Des Moines, and DH and I both went to Iowa. we are outnumbered by ISU fans around here but make up for it in volume! :cheer2: how do I get black and gold pompons on this thing???

Des Moines here, born and raised, love those Hawkeyes!!!! It looks like we booked our trip just in time, we got our tickets for $198 out of DSM, I did hear that Allegiant air is running a special that kids fly free for a limited time. :cheer2: :cool1: ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter