Any guesses about Dream's windows?

ruadisneyfan2

DIS Veteran
I was just browsing DCL's website and noticed that in the description of Cat. 9A and 9B, both have their windows described as
View:One large porthole window or 2 small porthole windows

This is listed for not only deck 2 staterooms (cat 9B) but also for cat 9A on decks 5, 6, 7 and 8.

I can't seem to find good quality exterior pictures that would show the general areas where one would get the 2 smaller portholes.

I suppose this is something we'll all find out once people sail and report back but just curious if anyone else could tell.

TIA!!:goodvibes

I'll call them tomorrow to find out or at least try to find out! I want to know myself. I am on the maiden voyage and in a deluxe family oceanview 8D and Im not sure what type of window so when I find out about my window I will ask about your room type if you wish, just let me know.

Have a Magical Day!

I'll call them tomorrow to find out or at least try to find out! I want to know myself. I am on the maiden voyage and in a deluxe family oceanview 8D and Im not sure what type of window so when I find out about my window I will ask about your room type if you wish, just let me know.

Have a Magical Day!

We are booked in 8D also. For those it states window with seat so I'm assuming it's like the big portholes on deck 3 fwd of the Magic where one can sit in the window sill, probably not that large though.

For some reason the 9's leave one wondering where on the ship you'll get a big one vs 2 little ones. At least on the Magic/Wonder, we know that all of deck 2 is big portholes, all of deck 1 is 2 smaller portholes.

If you're going to call anyway, I am a bit curious. I was looking at a spring cruise too but the price jumped since I 1st started looking.

I read on a thread here a month or so ago that it was confirmed somewhere that the dream had NO cabins with two small portholes. I don't remember which thread it was or how it was "confirmed", but I do remember reading it.

I read on a thread here a month or so ago that it was confirmed somewhere that the dream had NO cabins with two small portholes. I don't remember which thread it was or how it was "confirmed", but I do remember reading it.

That's good to hear.
May just be an error in their website. I know when the Dream was 1st available to book online, it stated that verandah staterooms were 160 sq. ft. not including verandah. :eek: That's soooo small compared to current standards on Magic/Wonder; I thought they were nuts. It has since been corrected.

Time will tell. :goodvibes

If you look at the artistic rendering of the Dream on the website, it shows the row of significantly smaller portholes on the lowest deck of staterooms, meaning those rooms would have two small portholes. It could be that they used the older ships as a starting point for the rendering and that the smaller portholes will be eliminated in the ship, but it is possible the rendering was done from actual plans and that staterooms on the lowest deck on the ship will still have the two small portholes. However, I'd actually be inclined to believe the reservations agent as they tend to have fairly current information.

If you look at the artistic rendering of the Dream on the website, it shows the row of significantly smaller portholes on the lowest deck of staterooms, meaning those rooms would have two small portholes. It could be that they used the older ships as a starting point for the rendering and that the smaller portholes will be eliminated in the ship, but it is possible the rendering was done from actual plans and that staterooms on the lowest deck on the ship will still have the two small portholes. However, I'd actually be inclined to believe the reservations agent as they tend to have fairly current information.

But that's how the Magic/Wonder really are now. When you look at the ship from a dock, it appears that the Deck 2 portholes are so small, even though they're 4' diameter. That's b/c they're right below Deck 3 portholes, the ones you see when going to Parrot Cay, Promenade Lounge, etc. They are really big, not sure of their diameter.

I think I'm just thinking about the new ship too much. :guilty: I really want to sail on her soon and it will be killing me to wait another 10 mos. after entering service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter