• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any good tips for moms who pump for infants while in parks?

MoxieBadger

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to see if this is even feasible. I have 2 electric pumps, neither of which are battery operated. Also a manual. Anyone pump while there? Any tips?

I did it in December. It was fairly difficult because my older two didn't want to wait around while I pumped. However, the baby care centers are very nice. There was an area where the older kids could sit and watch tv and there was a nice nursing room with rocking chairs and outlets. The biggest problem was the location of the centers. We loved Epcot because it was right between future world and the World Showcase, so you were never very far away. The other three parks had it fairly close to the entrance so it was more difficult. I was able to carry my pump bag in the bottom of the stroller. So, long story short, it requires a lot of patience and a lot of working around the pumping times, but you can make it work if you want to.

What kind of electric pumps do you have? There may be a battery pack available (my medela PISA had one).

If you're comfortable you could also pump in a restaurant at off times. There are plugs there. It might be easier than trekking back to the baby care center.

The baby care centres have nursing rooms (with plugs, rocking chairs, dim lighting, etc...) which I used frequently during a trip we took when my daughter was four months old. There was usually at least one mother pumping in the nursing room (sometimes several) so you shouldn't have any issues. In some parks the nursing rooms are private, and others its a room with about a half dozen rocking chairs. There is only one baby centre per park (as far as I know), so depending on where you were in the park, it might be a bit of a hike. Not sure how often you pump, but if its every 3 or 4 hours, it could be a good break anyway.

What kind of electric pumps do you have? There may be a battery pack available (my medela PISA had one).

If you're comfortable you could also pump in a restaurant at off times. There are plugs there. It might be easier than trekking back to the baby care center.

I have a Medela PISA and a Spectra S2 (I exclusively pump since my daughter never effectively nursed.) I was considering buying a battery pack for my PISA and some freemies and just pumping while walking around! I was hoping at least one mom had done the same. The Freemies are supposed to fit inside your bra and if I got a backpack for the PISA maybe it would be feasible. But I also like that there is a baby care station to get some much needed relief!
Did anyone have issues bringing their pump into the park?

I didn't pump in the park, but I know people say you can leave your pump in the First Aid (usually next to the baby care center so convenient) and also your cooler with milk in it in the frig there. Definitely worth asking as these are considered Medical equipment.
Good luck!

Just wanted to say your awesome for doing this...I actually started weaning our 1 year old on our last trip in September and I didn't even attempt to pump in the parks! Kudos to you!

I didn't pump, but I did use the baby care centers in Epcot and HS. HS has 2 private rooms. You might have to wait, but the privacy is nice. Epcot had a large room with six rockers and a couple of tables. Both times I used it, there was only one other nursing mama. Not sure when you are going, but sitting in the ac was a nice respite. I sent DH with my older son to do other things while I nursed baby. It worked out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter