Any good Seafood restaurants OUTSIDE WDW?

biggroofy

DIS Veteran
As titled. We will stay in WDW for almost two weeks and wanted to try some good local food in Orlando area. We will drive to Florida Mall, Belz (Prime) Outlet, and of course Premium Outlet during those days.

Check out the Sand Lake Road area in Dr. Phillips. One place that I absolutely love is Seasons 52. Not cheap, but oh so good! If you're in the Sea World area, which is just up I drive from Premium, there is a great Sub/Pizza joint on Central Florida PKWY. it is called Subs Plus. NY Style pizza, subs that ROCK.

For seafood outside Disney, we like Shells Restaurant. It is located at 3615 W. Vine St. in Kissimmee. Casual atmosphere, moderate prices, good food. They even have a website you can check out for their menu.

For seafood outside Disney, we like Shells Restaurant. It is located at 3615 W. Vine St. in Kissimmee. Casual atmosphere, moderate prices, good food. They even have a website you can check out for their menu.

Second on Shell's. It is a chain but not a big one and still very good.

McCormick & Shmick is good, located at Milennia Mall.

Bonefish Grill and Moonfish are on Restaurant Row on Sand Lake, easy to get to from FL Mall. The Samba Room would be an excellent choice, though they aren't a fish/seafood place exclusively, the menu leans heavily that way, and it's a fun atmosphere.

Seasons 52 is one of our favorite local restaurants, and is also on restaurant row. They usually have a couple of fish entrees, but with only 8-10 entrees at any given time, but it's not a fish or seafood restaurant by any means.

Don't forget Blue Zoo at the Dolphin, great food and service and a peaceful atmosphere. While they offer non-fish/seafood as well, the menu leans heavily towards fish and seafood, and the decor accentuates that.

Many of those are chains, but in general they aren't huge chains, and many don't have locations outside of Florida.

McCormick & Shmick is good, located at Milennia Mall.

Bonefish Grill and Moonfish are on Restaurant Row on Sand Lake, easy to get to from FL Mall. The Samba Room would be an excellent choice, though they aren't a fish/seafood place exclusively, the menu leans heavily that way, and it's a fun atmosphere.

Seasons 52 is one of our favorite local restaurants, and is also on restaurant row. They usually have a couple of fish entrees, but with only 8-10 entrees at any given time, but it's not a fish or seafood restaurant by any means.

Don't forget Blue Zoo at the Dolphin, great food and service and a peaceful atmosphere. While they offer non-fish/seafood as well, the menu leans heavily towards fish and seafood, and the decor accentuates that.

Many of those are chains, but in general they aren't huge chains, and many don't have locations outside of Florida.

Well...

McCormick and Shilling is pretty much nationwide. (They have one right next to Disneyland!)
Bonefish is pretty widespread. (If you have a resturant in Birmingham AL you aren't too particular)
Seasons 52 - We have two in Atlanta so they are on the grow. (Personally it ranked much lower on my scale then Anne's. I don't ever have to go there again LOL!)

I have done Shells and it's very casual and affordable.

It's been years, but I used to eat at Straub's Seafood Resturant a little farther north in Altamont Springs. I found thier website so they still seem to be around

http://www.straubsseafood.com/

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions :)

Now some geographic questions -

1). Bahama Breeze - which one is closest to WDW? 8735 VINELAND AVE or 8849 INTERNATIONAL DR? I guess Vineland Ave is very close to Premium Outlet?

2). Shells Restaurant - is it far away from WDW? I will be staying in SSR (Downtwon Disney), will it be over or under 30-minute drive?

3). Thank you ducklite - I will arrange lunch or dinner at Moonfish on the day we go to Florida Mall

4). Dixie Crossroads - might be good to go for lunch. I assume it is close to Prime Outlet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter