• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any good reviews of Alfredo's?

deany

deany
Has anyone had a good meal here? Can you tell me what entree was good. I don't see anything about desserts here - I know there must be some!! :love:

I love it! Not surprisingly, the fettucine alfredo is delish. It's not on the menu, but I usually just ask for spaghetti and meatballs - I love their sauce. I think my husband has had the lasagna there too and liked it.

If it's cool enough, I strongly recommend sitting outside! The ambiance out there in the courtyard - especially at dusk - can't be beat.

Hope you like it too!

My Mom and I ate there with the CP Package last year and I liked it so much I will be going back with my family this year for the CP Package.

She had the pasta with shrimp in a vodka sauce which was great and I enjoy the plate with 3 things on it...I believe it was ziti lasagna and gnocchi. We both had cannolis for dessert. :thumbsup2

We went for lunch twice last week. We both had mixed green salad and pizza. It was really good. The pizza is very thin crust, it looks huge but since it is wafer thin it is not heavy. It is a nice place to go and very realaxing. WE will definately bo going again in Dec.

Count us in as fans of Alfredo's! We've probably eaten there eight or nine times since '98, and I can honestly say we've never been disappointed. The Fettuccine (sp?) is to die for. We have our ADR's all lined up for our upcoming trip!

As far as desserts go, I really can't remember too much because we normally skip desserts. Sometimes I'll order a kids dessert, but that's about the extent of it. Sorry!

Its OK, I like it. The only problem is there are dozens upon dozens of equally good if not better italian places (including my grandmother's kitchen) where I live.

I was hesitant to book there for our trip in Aug. based on some of the reviews on this forum. I decided to give it a try (we haven't been there in many years) and was pleasantly surprised. We are usually very picky when it comes to Italian food and everyone in my family enjoyed their meal.

We like it. As others have said, the Fettucini Alrfredo is very good.

If you live in an area with excellent Italian restaurants, you may not be overly impressed with Alfredo's, but its still good.

Certainly there's no way I would tell anybody they shouldn't go and see what they think for themselves.

We ate there in September, and it was great.

We both had the Fettucini Alfredo, which of course was delicious!

For desert they bring out a whole tray for you to choose from, here's what I can remember: Cannoli, Strawberry Mousse, Chocolate Mousse, Tiramisu.

My DF had the tiramisu which was incredible!

I was surprised with the Fettucine Alfredo, while it was good, man is it rich. I had never eaten fettucine like it before. I order it all the time at home, but this was much different. I liked mine as I said, but my husband said it tasted like eating a block of cheese. I still wonder though if that is because without tasting it he had the server add fresh cheese to the top of it? :lmao: My mom ordered the chicken primavara (sp?) and it was really good. We skipped dessert. I would eat there again.

MJMcBride said:
Its OK, I like it. The only problem is there are dozens upon dozens of equally good if not better italian places (including my grandmother's kitchen) where I live.

hahaha same here, nj is the capitol for italian food. However, if you aren't from an italian area I'm sure you would LOVE this restaurant. The ambience is really nice and the food is good. As for desert I had the tirimisu which I liked a lot.

We had a good meal at Alfredos... I had the fettucini appetizer which was DELICIOUS! and I only ate a quarter of it, because it was a huge serving. For my dinner I had the veal piccata, but the menu might have changed now.

My friend had the calamari for an appetizer (another huge serving) and the shrimp/pasta vodka sauce and said it was very good. Both girls had the fettucini dinner and loved it.

Desserts were the only poor area IMO. We had a little sampler plate that had three very bland items - we were so full from dinner it didn't matter though!

We ate there last Dec and enjoyed it...we shared the tomato salad, we each got the trio dish (they dont have the same items on it anymore) it had fettuccini alfredo, lasagne and spaghetti bolognese. The food was very good but too rich to eat it all (did not care for the lasagne, it has a heavy cream sauce instead of the ricotta filling)

We shared the dessert plate, canolli, tiramisu, italian custard with fresh berries, chocolate covered strawberries and biscotti. This paired with capuccinos was the best

Next time I would do lunch instead of dinner because the food was too rich and heavy to eat at night.

I like Alfredo's a lot. The fettucine is fantastic, IMO. My husband, however, doesn't really care for the place so we don't go too often.

serendipity said:
hahaha same here, nj is the capitol for italian food. However, if you aren't from an italian area I'm sure you would LOVE this restaurant. The ambience is really nice and the food is good. As for desert I had the tirimisu which I liked a lot.

We never go out for Italian food either because I cook Italian. It was not the greatest pizza I ever had, but it was one of the better meals overall I have had in the WS. The restaurant has a nice ambiance, the service is friendly. how I grade food in WDW is taste, quality and does it give me indigestion :rotfl2:.

Fettucini Alfredo's nickname is heart attack on a plate. I never ever eat it because it is very very high in saturated fat...egg yolks, butter,Parmesan cheese and cream...why wouldn't it taste good :rotfl2: Well when 1 serving has 97% fat and 47 grams of sat fat (more than 2 days worth of fat in 1 serving)....... Quite possibly THE single worst food you could possible eat. That's just something you cannot walk off!

goofie4goofy said:
: Well when 1 serving has 97% fat and 47 grams of sat fat (more than 2 days worth of fat in 1 serving)....... Quite possibly THE single worst food you could possible eat. That's just something you cannot walk off!

I like to follow it with a nice cheesecake :banana:

We love it!! Yummy food, yummy desserts. I am looking forward to eating there again in December!!

LOVE IT!! Alfredo is delic...tiramisu is the best I have had.

Trittico di Pasta - Lasagna, Ziti with a fresh plum tomato sauce and pasta dumplings stuffed with imported black truffles, mushrooms and cheese $22.95

THIS IS SO GOOD! The pasta dumplings are to die for!! Problem is I can't decide between that and the Alfredo!!

Edited to add some pics :)

47b6df32b3127cce96c3e801146a00000016108BbN27Ry5aE

47b6df32b3127cce96c3e80a955100000016108BbN27Ry5aE

47b6df32b3127cce96c3e809146200000016108BbN27Ry5aE

47b6df32b3127cce96c3e8f895a300000016108BbN27Ry5aE

47b6df32b3127cce96c3e8b514de00000016108BbN27Ry5aE

47b6df32b3127cce96c3e8bd14d600000016108BbN27Ry5aE

disneygal33 said:
We love it!! Yummy food, yummy desserts. I am looking forward to eating there again in December!!

Maybe I'll see you there :goodvibes we are having dinner on the 16th :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter