Any GOOD news about CR/SoG?

MineeBaby

DIS Veteran
I created this thread in response to a previous thread discussing an incident where CR guests stying in the north garden wing under SoG were treated extremly rude, leaving the guests with a horrible experience. :mad: This thread can be found at the following link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1919086#post1919086
So my question to everyone is...are there any CR/SoG guests who HAVE experienced some Disney Magic during their resort stay? If so, what were they? I think there are alot of people now who are very worried about their resort reservations, and any positive comments are openly welcomed. Thank you!!

I agree Mineebaby. I would like to hear a postive review of a CR/SOG stay. We leave 2 weeks from today for a 10 day stay and now I'm a little concerned about what we might encounter. Soooo, has anyone had a good experience?

we were at the NGW of the Contemporary (via SoG) Memorial Day weekend. We enjoyed it a great deal and had no problems whatsoever being relocated. I haven't read the thread yet, though.....our room was in very good shape, housekeeping was great and we got our crib very quickly. that's all we needed from them :)

the only thing we found unnecessary was that they put Contemporary resort, via Shades of Green or something like that on the parking permit. I didn't understand the need for that.

We had 4 rooms at CR thru SOG in May. The rooms were all in excellent shape, clean, not worn. We had great service from everyone we encountered at CR from the check in staff to the housekeepers, everyone. There was no notation on our parking pass that we were SOG folks.

I'm kinda suprised at all the negative comments since we were treated absolutely no differently than on any other non-SOG stay at a deluxe resort.

A grain of salt may be in order for *some* posts about CR from people used to staying at SOG. If you haven't noticed, people that use and like SOG are VERY critical of other resorts in general. (As are A LOT of folks are who have their own favorite resorts, not just SOG).

I just remembered one other thing about our stay at the CR. The check-in CM was great....said what a great location we were in and showed me on the map how to get to the SoG ticket office. Never once made the comment about room rate, except that our balance was paid in full :)

she grew up about an hour from where I live, so we hit it off instantly....tat might have had something to do with it, but I seriously doubt it.

I agree with Bob about taking complaints with a grain of salt--everyone has a favorite and there is always going to be someone that has a different opinion or experience. I appreciate the fact that SoG is available to the military and DoD employees :cool: I have never had any complaints there or any other resort I have stayed in with a discount that I got from Shades of Green.

Madge and Bob NC---thanks so much for your comments!! Im glad to know you both had a wonderful time, despite small silly things like the car pass. Im sure that the great news will reassure LOTS of people planning their trip to CR under SoG...I know I feel better, and hopefully this makes you feel better too, Dancemom! Thank you everyone!

We were one of the first SoG relocations. In fact we spent 2 weeks there in Mar/Apr. The first week SoG was still open, however, during our stay it closed so instead of having us relocate, they put us at CR the entire stay.

The only problem we encountered was poor housekeeping the first few days. We complained about 3 nights in a row & they always returned & redid. Our room was at the end of the housekeeping route, which meant it was made up late & I was not always happy about that, but not much I could do. After we complained it was better.

Other than that, everything was great. Very convenient to monorail. Large rooms. Nice pool - although they could use more chairs & tables w/ umbrellas. We already have our ressies for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter