Any Good Luggage?

We love our Samsonite with 360 degree wheels. Very easy to navigate through hotels and ariports, hold up well, and not too expensive. I usually buy them at Kohl's with at least a 30% off coupon. We slowly replaced our old cheap set by just buying one suitcase at a time until we had enough for the whole family.

I have Delsey. LIght weight and lots of pockets. Marshalls/ tjmaxx has name brand luggage a lot cheaper then any where else.

I've owned every brand from cheapos from Target to Hartman. My favorite right now is the LL Bean wheeled duffel. LandsEnd quality has plummeted since they are now owned by Sears. The zipper broke on mine in less than two years and their response was "so what". Pre-Sears they would have replaced it immediately.

Light is important these days with the weight requirements. I bought a really ugly camo pattern with an orange stripe that was cheap on the sale section of LL Bean. It is so easy to spot my luggage even if I do look like I am military or a hunter! Great quality.

I bought my luggage at the local Homegoods store 6 years ago, and it's still going strong-I don't even know the name brand, but if anyone ever see's leapord print luggage, it's me!!

I just decided to get some new too, to replace the Samsonite set that I got when I graduated from high school, don't laugh, 22 or so years ago. :lmao: Hey, it still looks good. :rotfl2: We have a few other ones with wheels and all of that, but this has held up the best. So, I am going with it again.:thumbsup2

It was so funny when I went to the airport to pick DH up from his trip, he was the only one who "carried" his luggage to the car. :lmao: Everyone else was pulling it. :lmao: Can you tell we don't fly much? :laughing: He said that he didn't have to worry about anyone stealing it and it was easy to spot. :lmao:

I went through quite a few pieces of luggage that the baggage handlers managed to destroy, usually on the first trip...Atlantic, Samsonite, Delsey, etc. About 3 years ago, I bought 2 eBags brand Mother Lode Jr duffels. It is hands down the best constructed luggage I have seen (excepting Tumi and Briggs & Riley which cost several times more). Mine have been through baggage handling something like 22 times, and still look brand new. It isn't the traditional "floppy" duffle that is hard to pack, and the insides can be rearranged several different ways to customize your packing. They have a lifetime warranty, but the bag is constructed so well, I doubt I'll ever have the need for it. This is the one I have: http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/mother-lode-etech-junior-25-wheeled-duffel/54633?productid=622581 If you google, you can almost always find a 20% off coupon for eBags.

There is also a 29" version of this bag, but I wouldn't recommend that because of the 50 lb airline limit per bag. My bags are 25", and by the time I have them filled, they are usually about 45 lbs already. The bigger ones would definitely go overweight.

Heys luggage. You can drive a car over it, without breaking the luggage. Check their website!

We need some new luggage. Nothing fancy. Anyone have any favorites?

Have had everything from running to THrift store for one last wheeled suitcase to Boscov's wheeled cases. Boscov's email has special with free shipping.....Their $30 wheeled 29" is plain, but made 10 flights no problems and looks new.....the wheels are inline not weaving.

A tip on here was ebags Mother load. I got my dd the med, duffel. It has a bottom like the suitcase, dividers or regular area, the top can be a seperate storage or open into one large duffle area.

THe medium 25" is HUGE, guarenteed for life, I think the special I found on retailmenot.com was a link to Amazon.com for $139. free shipping.
I just ordered a suitcase type style for dh and I for travel.

I got two London Fog suitcases at Burlington CoatFactory about 5 years ago, and they have been fantastic. I have some samsonite bags that swivel 360, they are great too. Found those at TJ Maxx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter