Any Good Books About Disney & The Building Of WDW?

AndyMcV

DIS Veteran
Hi

Just wondering of anyone has some suggestions on some good books that talk about Walt Disney World, how it was designed and built, it's infrastructure, etc...

Thank
Andy

While going through my Grandmother's things a few weeks ago, I found a book my Mom gave to her called "Walt Disney World, The First Decade."

It's in brand new condition (she probably never looked at it for more than a few mins.) and is full of color photos and details! It was published in 1982. If you can find a copy on e-bay or elsewhere, I suggest you start with this book. I love it!

Try "Vinyl Leaves" By Stephen Fjellman. It is chock full of exactly what you are looking for, up through the opening of EPCOT.

Please note, this is NOT a picture book. Not A One. But it is EXCEPTIONALLY well researched.

Designing Disney's Theme Parks : The Architecture of Reassurance

This is one of DisneyDmbNut's links. The editor was one of my Art History prof's in college. She teaches (used to teach? She may be retired now) a class called The Art of Walt Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter