Any Glen Campbell fans here?

My Mom use to have a Christmas Album with different artist when I was a little girl. Glen Campbell sang a song on it called "New Snow". My all time fave! And of course "Rhinestone Cowboy"!

So hard to pick from his great music but I think my favorite is "Gentle On My Mind".

I love Glen Campbell's music too. Galveston is such a beautiful song. Probably my favorite of his.

Glen Campbell is a fantastic talent. He is an amazing guitar player who, as a session musician, played on a bunch of big hits you wouldn't normally associate him with. So sad to see him slipping away.:worried:

As a kid, I sat out in the sun to watch him at Six Flags specifically to hear, "I Love My Truck" :lmao: Probably not one of his better songs, but I thought it was cool at the time :)

Saw him on his farewell tour last January. His voice is still phenomenal, but his playing has suffered with the progression of his disease. It was very bittersweet.

Glen Campbell is a fantastic talent. He is an amazing guitar player who, as a session musician, played on a bunch of big hits you wouldn't normally associate him with. So sad to see him slipping away.:worried:

Agree about his alzheimer's, so sad.

ME, ME, ME!!! I love him! :banana:

I have his greatest hits CD in my car (Santa brought it for me for Christmas ;)).
Witchita Lineman is my favorite too. I tear up almost every time I hear it. I also love Gentle on My Mind. Such a beautiful voice.

My favorite is Dreams of the Everyday Housewife http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oeO3mLHAPM

His voice is so clean. He was recently here and performed. I read the review (he got thumbs up) and towards the end of the concert there was a huge rain storm. The reviewer said that it was good that it rained, because then Glen would not be able to see the tears in everyone's eyes.:sad2:

My younger DB use to love Rhinestone Cowboy! That was his favorite song when he was about three. Every time I hear that song I think of him and how much he loved to listen to it and sing along. Makes me wish he was still here so I could tell him. :sad2:

I love Glen Campbell.:love: Always have. This is my favorite song. Never thought to pick my favorite before.

I saw him at the PNE (fair) and I was standing close to the stage. It was not a very big area but it was packed with people. That was before the sad news of his Alzheimer's disease.

I loved him in "True Grit" Mr. La Boeuf! Hated when he died at the end.

I heard he is quite a guitar virtuoso. What a class act is he!:goodvibes

I just saw him in June at CMA Music Fest in Nashville. I felt really bad for him. He came out and sang one song, thought he was done and started walking off stage. His daughter (who plays piano and bango in his band) told him he was to sing more. He sang another song and started walking off again. This happend 4 times. His voice was still good, but at one point he lost place of where he was in the song. He had 4 monitors showing the words, but he still lost his place.

This disease is really taking a hold of him.

I just saw him in June at CMA Music Fest in Nashville. I felt really bad for him. He came out and sang one song, thought he was done and started walking off stage. His daughter (who plays piano and bango in his band) told him he was to sing more. He sang another song and started walking off again. This happend 4 times. His voice was still good, but at one point he lost place of where he was in the song. He had 4 monitors showing the words, but he still lost his place.

This disease is really taking a hold of him.

That is so sad to hear. Thanks everyone for your memories of Glenn and sharing the songs you like. I'm so glad he's got a loving family to help him these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter