• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any get the invite to the Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash

I agree with PP, it was a great event! My family agreed that it was well worth staying an extra night for. We arrived at 8, and wish we got there at 7, but got stuck in the Downtown Disney traffic. As others reported, they closed Crush & Gusher at sundown, which was 8:30. But a nice CM told us that when we walked in, so we got a couple of rides in. We stayed until 12:30, and had a blast. Actually, my DH and DS18 got tired about 11:30, and it was really nice that they could take the bus back to the Poly. (The rest of us came back in the car.) I thought it was odd, though, that they had motorcoaches from Mears, etc, instead of Disney busses.

Also, in case it helps anyone, we came in two groups: My family of 5 arrived at 8. There was a check-in table alphabetically by last name. We checked in, and she said, "Are all 9 of you here?" I said no, the others were arriving later, and she just said that one of us would have to come out and show our DVC member card to let them in. That was no problem. Everyone got gold event-type wristbands upon entering. Once the party officially started at 9:30, they had free water & lemonade, sugar cookies, bags of chips (plain Lays, BBQ Lays, and Doritos), and ice cream (Mickey Bars, Mickey sandwiches, and orange cream bars). They also had alcohol stands around for purchase; I didn't pay much attention so I can't report back on those.

Last edited:
Did anyone go in at 7pm. Did you need a water park ticket? The cast member I made the reservation with told me you did to get in at 7pm, before the offical party at 9:30 but others reported they were told you did not need one. Just looking to clarify.

To be absolutely clear: no, you do not need a ticket as of 7pm. There is a DVC check-in table on the right side (there was a short line when we arrived, lots of people with ipads directing), you are given a wristband after check-in, and you head into the park. I think they cleared the park of people without wristbands at 8pm, and the party food and entertainment started at 9:30.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter