Any French speaking opportunities in St. Maarten?

lornak

DIS Veteran
I am sailing with my two nephews who attend a French immersion school. I was wondering if there might be any neat experiences for them on the French side of St. Maarten? Does anyone know of a restaurant or other local spot where they might speak French with the boys?

Or any other opportunities for them on the Eastern cruise???

You will find a good % of people on your cruise from Canada, thanks to a great exchange on our $$, more and more Canadians are taking Disney cruises and as you probably know, a good number of us speak both french and english.My wife and I did rent a car and go to Marigot on our Eastern, 02-09 Feb where french is very common but it is a little different than what we speak in North America.We had a tough time understanding some of it and I am sure that the locals we talked to knew right away that we were Canadian.:thumbsup2 It will not be hard to find french on the ship with all the Canucks that will be on board.:cool2:

Definitely head to the French side of the island. Many of the people there speak French as their first language. We heard it being spoken on several occasions when we were there in December. You should have no problem finding someone your nephews can chat with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter