Any former asics 2170 lovers?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I have been using asics 2170 for my last few pairs of running sneakers. I am at the point that I really need a replacement but don't know what to get instead. I tried the new version, 2000 I think and hated them. My whole lower body was in pain after running in them. Hips, feet, ankles.

Just wondering what others have found as replacements. Thinking about trying brooks adrenaline?

I was running in the 1260 and when I needed a new pair I switched to kayano 17. It is almost time for another pair but I'm not sure how I feel about the Kayano 18

My 2170's needed to retire, but the thought of breaking in a new pair of running shows always scares me. I was really hoping to just buy the exact same shoes, but no such luck. I ended up buying the Kayano 18 and love them. They took a little getting used to, but have given me more cushioning and support.

Consider staying with Asics and upgrading to the Nimbus which is one of the most cushioned shoes on the market. It's my everyday, regular training shoe.

I've been running in the Asics 2160s and 2170s the last couple of years but I actually just won a free pair of Brooks. I chose the Adrenaline because they are pretty similar and I really like them so far! They seem really similar in terms of support.

I have always run in 2160's, then 2170's. Then found out they no longer make the 2170. Boo! So, I bought the 2000 and also disliked them. I had foot, leg and hip pain.
I also do not know what ones to buy now.

I love the 2170 so much I regularly check online running stores and even eBay for them! It's time to replace mine too and I'm also wondering what to get. I do a run/walk and the 2170 had the perfect cushioning for both.
Road Runner Sports still has some online, but I need an extra wide and they are now impossible to find. :( The newest version of the 2000 should be out. I read a review and it's supposed go be improved over the last version. But the 2000 was supposed to be an "improvement" on my beloved 2170. The running store told me last year they changed it to be more like one if the Brooks, but I can't remember which style.
So a trip to the running store will be required. I need to carve out the time to try on lots of new shoes. I'll be sure to try the styles mentioned and report back.

me! I had to switch over to the brook's adrenaline. It's been working well for me. I did hear promising things about the 2000-2 though...apparently alot of the issues have been fixed

I ended up buying the 2000-2. They aren't quite the same, but the closest thing I've found. I feel the forefoot cushion is still less, but they did beef up the heel cushioning. I didn't hate them after a short treadmill run yesterday. But I'm still yearning for my 2170s. Maybe I just have that shoe so built up in my head as the best thing ever that nothing will ever compare.
I got a postcard from road runner sports saying they still had 2170s. Just not in my size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter