Any food recommendations at Chefs de France?

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I have eaten here once before and I had the seafood dish. I didn't really care for it and would like any feedback on the other entrees. We are eating dinner there for the Candlelight Processional and this meal is a bit of a splurge for us so I would like it to be good. TIA

Honestly, we've given this restaurant a few tries and I find the food to be really salty. Is this the only restaurant with availability? I know some people will come on here who enjoy it, but I would, personally, look for something else.

Last edited:
I was not impressed with the food to be honest. The French fries are really good and so are the fresh baked baguettes. The steak is just ok and the French onion soup tastes metallic. The French onion soup at BOG was better.

The French onion soup here is fantastic! They make it with beef broth, onions, bread, and real gruyere cheese--very authentic! We've never had a bad meal there and our servers have always been cordial. After Rose & Crown, this would be the restaurant I'd recommend! I recommend the esgarcots, steak-frites, beef bourginon, the macaroni and cheese. Happy eating! pixiedust:

I have liked the duck, cheese plate, French onion soup and the desserts. One of my son's had the steak frites and it was too salty. I would order with no added salt the ne t time and hope for the best.

I had the French onion soup and beef bourguignon, and some type of chocolate cake dessert. I loved it all, one of my favorite meals from that trip.

Their French Onion soup is really good! However, the chicken with mashed potatoes was so salty I literally couldn't eat it. We are skipping it next trip.

All great ideas, everyone. Thank you! The other time my sisters and I went was also for the Candlelight Processional pkg in 2012. We all started with the French onion soup. They had the filet steak and I had the seafood and our desserts were good. I am concerned about the "salty" comments as I never use salt and would likely not be able to eat anything with too much salt. I might have to rethink this.

After reading the comments I am going to put my order in for salt free. There are many medical reasons that many people can not have salt so they must have people request that.

I really enjoyed the Salade de Chevre Chaud & the Creme Brûlée. My DH liked the Filet de boeuf grille.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter