any fly lady fans out there?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
I just got home with her book from the library. I'm off to clean my sink! :cool1: (I used to get her emails for awhile but there were so many that it stressed me out so I cancelled.)

Yes, the book is wonderful.

I agree; the emails got to be quite a bit out of hand. She is quite the inspirational cheerleader though! :cheer2:

Shocking to say, but I'm barefoot right now though! Never could quite get the hang of allday shoes. Maybe I could slip on my Crocs huh?!?!

YEP! I've been doing flylady for about 3 years now I guess. What she says about routines are true, there are things that I do that are so ingrained now that I do them without even thinking, like making my bed, I never leave my room in the morning without doing it. I didn't read the book, I just do the website and emails. I delete most of the reminders right away now since I have my own routines, but the zone missions and home blessing reminders I keep in my inbox until I do them, it's an incentive for me to get to delete them. I still wouldn't say I'm full-fledged flying, but every little bit helps. :)

yes, it's a great plan.

My suggestion.......I made a separate folder for all the emails. So they didn't clutter up my regular "in" folder, and I could check them as I needed.

Julia

I love Flylady. I get the daily digest version of the emails and just read them when I can.

We're redoing our routines because we moved into a smaller place. I thought it would be easier but I've had some adjustment problems. Almost back on track.

Glad to see the other Flybabies out there!

I love the flylady but I really wish she would let you control the emails more. It's too much. I always say I'll just read them on her website but I don't.

I love the inspirational stories from other people as much as I love "How Clean Is Your House"! They make me think my house is in great shape! :cheer2:

Another Flylady fan here. I don't do it 100%, but do a good bit of it. I don't always do the weekday email assignments, but do have routines. I work full time and have some health issues, but always remind myself "housework done incorrectly still blesses your family!"

www.flylady.com

I tried her....the emails drove me nuts so I unsubscribed. I really need to give it a whirl again without the emails. Maybe I'll check out the book. I have a hard time sticking to something or following through. I am one those people with a collection of cleaning books but for some reason, never read them or follow their advice. :confused3 I think I'm hopeless...LOL.

Another flybaby here! :cool1:

I love the system and even don't mind the emails that seem to annoy everyone else. I love to read the testimonials of others and just delete the reminders as they come. I must say my house has never looked better, and I love feeling in control of things again. No panic when people stop by...no crisis cleaning when relatives call to come visit...yeah for me! :goodvibes

My kids have really caught on to flylady methods as well. DS5 was so proud the other day when his friend from next door (10) told him....wow! You make your bed better than I do! He was tickled...quite a compliment from a "big kid". I was the one tickled later when I heard him tell the same friend who was currently whining about having to pick up all the LEGO's...it would take forever......when DS told him "Oh, no...we'll just jump in and get started...we can do anything in 15 minutes!" Ahhhh....that's my little flyboy!

Yup, flying here, too. Those who are interested just got to flylady dot com (sorry, can't post the link, but I'm sur eyou figured it out...LOL).

If you hate all the e-mails, just get the digest version...easy to do... the option is on her web site. Then you only get one e-mail a day (sometimes two, but never more).

The routines are great...most of mine are in place. Still don't do all of the "deep cleaning" but I will definitely say that my big weekly cleaning takes MUCH less time than it did before I started using her system.

Kids LOVE timers...it is so true. Every since going to this system I have not had to clean up the playroom...and I used to spend half an hour every night doing it.

3DisneyKids said:
Yup, flying here, too. Those who are interested just got to flylady dot com (sorry, can't post the link, but I'm sur eyou figured it out...LOL).

Actually, it's flylady dot net

I, too, love Flylady!!

Quick funny story... I got the book from the library and cleaned my kitchen sink, etc. It DID look good by the way, got dressed immediately after getting out of bed and everything. I had the book out one day and my then 11 year old SD had a friend overnight and the friend noticed the book and said, OMG my mother reads that too... and we started talking about it and she mentioned that she (my SDs friend) just de-cluttered her closet and she thought it was "so cool" now. The next morning... after she had gone home I opened my SD's bedroom door to find that her friend had CLEANED HER ROOM for her and it looked amazing. I guess it's something we actually can pass on to our kids... there's a poor little now-12 year old flybaby out there somewhere organizing all her friends lives for them!

Just thought it was the cutest thing. As for me - I sometimes do it - sometimes not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter