• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any flight only recommendations for 2011 from Birmingham please?

diberry

DIS Veteran
We always fly from East Midlands Airport as it's so handy for us but Thomson have just published their flight schedule for August 2011 and there are no flights from EMA.:sad1: (They were the only airline flying to Orlando from EMA). So has anyone any recommendations for flight only from Birmingham or anywhere else near Nottingham please?

We fly with them in june from Birmingham will let you know when were back if thats of any use to you?? It's our first time so i'm curious what it will be like aswell.

I'm curious about this too. I think Monarch fly from Birmingham to MCO but stop in October. I know some were flying to Sanford from Birmingham, plus there is always indirect too. I hope you get some replies, as I will be taking note of the advice too.:)

Only Thomson seem to have flights for August 2011 available at the moment. I always try to snap them up early as there are so few "flight only" available as the airlines obviously prefer to sell packages.

We also have trouble finding direct flights from birmingham out of season which is usually October when we go. We have always had to travel to manchester or the london airports. Now we have a DD i would prefer to fly from BHX and i don't understand why the airlines stop the flights after october - if it's due to supply and demand i don't know why they don't just put a limited number of flights on during that time. The easiest "in direct" flights i have looked into are BHX - Dublin - Orlando but then i might as well drive to Manchester in the same time....be interesting to see if anybody has a better solution. :confused3

We always fly from East Midlands Airport as it's so handy for us but Thomson have just published their flight schedule for August 2011 and there are no flights from EMA.:sad1: (They were the only airline flying to Orlando from EMA). So has anyone any recommendations for flight only from Birmingham or anywhere else near Nottingham please?

I was considering Nottingham also, but I'll go where ever it's cheapest. BA is actually cheapest in September.

I was also planning to fly from East Mids as we are about 5 miles from J29 M1 so I am gutted they have stopped the flights. I am planning for May / June 2011. Virgin is coming out slightly cheaper for the accommodation I think I have settled on - Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa from Manchester. Might try Thomson for Birmingham just out of interest.

May also be worth checking connecting flights. US Airways operate BHX to Philadelphia, and I'm sure there is also a flight to New York (this year at least).

I was also planning to fly from East Mids as we are about 5 miles from J29 M1 so I am gutted they have stopped the flights. I am planning for May / June 2011. Virgin is coming out slightly cheaper for the accommodation I think I have settled on - Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa from Manchester. Might try Thomson for Birmingham just out of interest.

Hi
I hv booked this hotel for septmebr this year for 5 nights.Hv a look on hotels .com.They regularly do offers and I just paid £59 a night and got 10% cash back through quidco. AA and delta do indirect from BHX but watch the flight times.Best I saw was around 12 hors going out and 10.55 coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter