Any Experience Getting a FL AP without a FL Drivers License?

Cheshire Figment,
I'm sorry, but I'm not really understanding what you're trying to tell me. Are you saying you turned him away because his license was expired and he had old documents, or because you aren't supposed to issue the AP without a drivers license?
The requirement is a valid Driver's License. One that expired several years ago is not valid.

The other is having another state-issued license or ID and one of the current proofs listed. The person did not show another state ID And also the proof was two years old.

I am almost always willing to bend rules to assist Guests, but this was so wrong that it would really have meant mangling the rules.

I know it is a bit of a tangent, but the OP was correct regarding the license and tags being at the same location. Not sure where people get their information sometime. In 2011 the florida legislature passed a bill allowing tax collectors to be responsible for driver licenses. Counties had various timelines to implement. Polk county tax collector does both. Now some location may only offer one of the two services. However several offices offer both.

Agreed. I'm in the Florida Panhandle and our Tax Collector's office is now issuing driver's licenses. You used to have to go to the Driver's License office which was in a different location, but now you go to the same office where you renew your tag.

It was one of those "cost saving" measures implemented a couple of years ago during the very tight budget years.

That's not how I am reading the requirements.

You have to have

EITHER

a FL DL/ID card/military ID

OR

another govt-issed ID (e.g. other state's DL) AND something off the second list

:)

Yes that is what I thought I typed -- sorry if it did not come out that way but as I have mentioned a few times I use an IL DL and my condo insurance or FL checking account statement and my husband uses his IL DL and the utility bill. My point was the out of state license does work in combination with one item from the second list. My comments were ONLY directed toward the OP who was asking about someone who did not have a FL DL at this point...not the FL resident with a FL DL. Again sorry for the confusion.

Liz

I too live in Polk County and my first thought was that DL and REG are done at 2 seperate places. But after I checked out that polk taxes website OP mentioned I remembered that they are changing it that the tax accessors office will do DL too. I remember reading an article in the paper that he said he did not have the space to do it so they are renovating a building in Lakeland and moving the tax accessors office there.

It is part of "saving" the taxpayers money and supposedly will make it easier to go all in one place. My life history has shown me that never happens but we will see!

Welcome to Polk County OP, it will sure be different than Vegas!

To the OP...
We moved to FL recently and one of our very first things was to get FL annual passes. My husband and I both had our MA licenses. I had the electric bill that is in my name. He had the water, trash, sewer bill that is in his name. That was all we needed. My 20 yr old daughter does not drive and, therefore, has no license and wants to get a FL resident Discover Disney ticket for an upcoming weekend trip we are doing. I chatted online with a CM through the website today and was told she will be fine with presenting her MA ID card and a statement from her bank showing her new address. Hope this helps!

To the OP...
We moved to FL recently and one of our very first things was to get FL annual passes. My husband and I both had our MA licenses. I had the electric bill that is in my name. He had the water, trash, sewer bill that is in his name. That was all we needed. My 20 yr old daughter does not drive and, therefore, has no license and wants to get a FL resident Discover Disney ticket for an upcoming weekend trip we are doing. I chatted online with a CM through the website today and was told she will be fine with presenting her MA ID card and a statement from her bank showing her new address. Hope this helps!

I understand that you may not want to change your license if it is not expired but if you get pulled over and they realize you are a resident you can get a ticket. You have 10 day to register your car and 30 days to change your license.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't say we haven't done it since...I was simply answering the question that had been posed.

We are moving in 2 weeks but we planned to go to WDW before arriving in our new town. We plan to get Florida id's once we arrive in our new town. But since we'll be passing through on a Star Wars weekend...

Will the following work? We will have:

-cell phone bill with Florida address (printed from online)
-auto insurance bill and auto insurance cards with Florida address (printed from online)
-6 month lease with Florida address and our names
-bank statement with florida address (printed from online)
-renters insurance policy with FLorida address (printed from online)
-Current drivers license from our current state (not from Florida)

It would be great if we could activate our passes right away. :)

Thanks!~
VP

-auto insurance bill and auto insurance cards with Florida address (printed from online)

As previously mentioned:
"Monthly mortgage statement
"Florida vehicle registration or title
"Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
"Automobile insurance policy or bill
"Utility bill
"Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
"Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency

1) The 6-month lease sounds OK, along with the renter insurance.
2) The auto policy, maybe so maybe not.
. . . it may have a Florida address
. . . but, will not be a Florida insurance policy
. . . you car needs to be titled in Florida for FL insurance
. . . and, you need a Florida driver license to title a car in Flroida
3) The others, no.
4) Plus, "printd from on-line" may not suffice as those can be faked.

1) The 6-month lease sounds OK, along with the renter insurance.
2) The auto policy, maybe so maybe not.
. . . it may have a Florida address
. . . but, will not be a Florida insurance policy
. . . you car needs to be titled in Florida for FL insurance
. . . and, you need a Florida driver license to title a car in Flroida
3) The others, no.
4) Plus, "printd from on-line" may not suffice as those can be faked.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/validation-requirements/

"Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not."

I'm interpreted that to mean that printed versions are ok. Cheshire Figment, can you chime in on this one? Would these documents fly if we redeemed them from you?

There is a slight chance we can get our Florida ID's before we pass through Orlando (I may make a short visit a few days in advance of our move) but I'd really like to be able to get to SWW. We do plan to get the IDs before June is out.

VP

We are moving in 2 weeks but we planned to go to WDW before arriving in our new town. We plan to get Florida id's once we arrive in our new town. But since we'll be passing through on a Star Wars weekend...

It would be great if we could activate our passes right away. :)

Thanks!~
VP

I used my out of state license with my bank statement printed from online last Monday. I also had my insurance policy with me and just put them both on the counter. I think you are more than fine with the above items.

Liz

The only year I lived in Florida, I was a student in Jacksonville and I had a student ID. That was all I had to show to get my FL AP validated/picked up. But, that was in 2005, and as I recall, it wasn't the fastest or easiest process. However, I was a valid resident of the state, so they did find a way to make it happen.

Actually curious to hear from Cheshire too on the print from electronic version allowance. That sentence says "bills" which would seem to imply that only printed bills as opposed to bank statements would be acceptable.

That being said, I got my pass last year with an out of state licence and a copy of the two most recent bank statements printed from the electronic statement. No one questioned that at all. But I'm wondering if I got lucky and I didn't technically have the correct documents (and that I should make sure if it's a statement that I bring the actual mail when I renew!)

I think we both had an acceptable item as it was an electronic statement from a financial institution. I think posters are reading too much in between the lines.

Loz

The following is not official, but it is what I do.

I will look at the document as printed. If it appears to me an original or printed by a computer from an online document I will accept it. If it looks to me as if there has been some alteration in the address I will question further and/or ask others for assistance.

It was one of those "cost saving" measures implemented a couple of years ago during the very tight budget years.

Is that when they raised the price of license renews from $15 to $48, change of address from $10 to $25 and doubled the price of renewing license tags? :(.

OP when you get your car registered make sure you have the vehicle. Someone will go out to verify mileage and VIN.

FYI, I just got a Disney online chat help desk person and asked them specifically about the documents I listed (particularly the online-printed bank statement with Florida address.)

The agent just repeated back to me what is on Disney's website regarding requirements, so I kept asking specifically about online-printed bank statements. Answers were vague until she said, "Let me check on the online-printed bank statement for you. One moment, please." After a long pause, she came back on and said that yes, that would be acceptable.

I did a screen grab of the chat and printed it twice (once for dh, once for me) and I will also have that in my folder of 100 documents to take to the counter. I think with that in hand, we should be fine.

VP

The first day I moved here, I picked up my AP. I used my Illinois DL and a checking account statement printed from online with my new address. My partner used his out of state license and an electronic printout of our Verizon Wireless bill.

Just wanted to clarify to the person that said they needed a lot of documents at the DMV to document their name change, if you show a passport, you don't need any other evidence for your name change (it's what we did because they were iffy of our same sex marriage from Iowa).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter