Any DVC'rs own Motorhome?

We have a Winnebago. We've driven to the DVC resorts and stayed on our points to break up long trips. The only place that was a problem was at Hilton Head. They have an ordinance prohibiting motorhomes parking overnight except in a "camp/RV resort". The resort manager helped us find an alternate parking spot since we called and asked prior to arriving and were told by a cast member that we could park onsite.

We've had one for about 10 years. We switch off between staying at FW and DVC resorts...a great way to accumulate points.

Strangely, and perhaps sadly, we own two.

Our first RV is a huge monster that very rarely leaves its spot parked near the fruit trees of our weekend home. It has become, for all intents and purposes, a very lovely guest bedroom. FWIW, we receive many comments that our yard makes for a charming campground. Indeed, we agree, the weekend home with its surrounds is "my happy place."

The 2nd is a mini-RV that gets 18-20MPG. While not as spacious or luxurious as the first, it is easy to drive and can be parked in a generous-yet-normal parking space. Because it is easy to park, we've been able to use it to drive to many timeshare destinations! (We don't really want to stay in the smaller RV ... )

Do consider that many timeshares do NOT offer RV parking. At WDW you might be asked to store the RV near Ft. Wilderness if you are staying at a DVC Villa.

Love ours but we have never and never plan on taking it to WDW. We love camping but to us camping is an activity and not a vacation and we prefer to keep WDW a vacation. We are early 40's and only get a few weeks vacation every year so we use ours for weekend get aways!

We have a Winnebago. We've driven to the DVC resorts and stayed on our points to break up long trips. The only place that was a problem was at Hilton Head. They have an ordinance prohibiting motorhomes parking overnight except in a "camp/RV resort". The resort manager helped us find an alternate parking spot since we called and asked prior to arriving and were told by a cast member that we could park onsite.

While we don't own a Winnebago, I live about 30 minutes from where they are made. :confused3

Sorry, I didn't have much to share. :rotfl2:

I have been thinking of buying a Class-A diesel for awhile, but fuel prices keep scaring me off, I already have a mobile home in Lake Placid, FL and built a driveway to store one in the event I buy one, so the storage is covered, I'm even thinking about buying the lot next to me to store it and keep my boat on the other.

I don't want to buy one and then it just sits because it's too expensive to drive.

While we never drove ours to Florida (we live in California) to use in conjunction with our DVC, we did own one for about 10 years and then sold it because it wasn't getting used. We used to do a lot of 3 day weekend trips where I would take Friday off from work but after we started doing an international vacation each year, it wasn't getting used.

We enjoyed it though and talk about getting another after we stop taking our 2 week annual vacations to other countries.

Strangely, and perhaps sadly, we own two.

Our first RV is a huge monster that very rarely leaves its spot parked near the fruit trees of our weekend home. It has become, for all intents and purposes, a very lovely guest bedroom. FWIW, we receive many comments that our yard makes for a charming campground. Indeed, we agree, the weekend home with its surrounds is "my happy place."

The 2nd is a mini-RV that gets 18-20MPG. While not as spacious or luxurious as the first, it is easy to drive and can be parked in a generous-yet-normal parking space. Because it is easy to park, we've been able to use it to drive to many timeshare destinations! (We don't really want to stay in the smaller RV ... )

Do consider that many timeshares do NOT offer RV parking. At WDW you might be asked to store the RV near Ft. Wilderness if you are staying at a DVC Villa.

Is your second RV a sprinter van B class type? We have considered getting one of these for long hauls (like driving 14 hrs to WDW). Any grief with parking oniste?

Is your second RV a sprinter van B class type? We have considered getting one of these for long hauls (like driving 14 hrs to WDW). Any grief with parking oniste?
The 2nd is a Winnebago LeSharo with a Chrysler conversion. It is extremely similar to the unit shown http://www.lesharo.com/coaches/celia/celias-lesharo.html . We've never driven it to WDW -- but have had no grief parking it, or a similar Rialta, at many destinations in the western states.

Yes, we own a 35' class A coach and stay at the Fort often. We do own at SSR & OKW and stay at the resorts also.

Yes, we own a 35' class A coach and stay at the Fort often. We do own at SSR & OKW and stay at the resorts also.

Is that as much fun as it seems?
Any Problems with a rig that big?
Would you think you would encounter problems with a 40' coach?
What make is it?
Thanks.

We own a 42' 1996 Bluebird Wanderlodge. Don't get out as much as we use to due to health reasons and spending so much time at WDW. :goodvibes

Sadly we will probably be selling it this year.

:earsboy: Bill

We have an RV and have done both the resorts and Fort Wilderness and loved them all. We are currently looking to sell our RV if anyone is interested email me.

While we don't own a Winnebago, I live about 30 minutes from where they are made. :confused3

Sorry, I didn't have much to share. :rotfl2:

Do you live by the one in southern MN . -Been there !
I drove down from mps to go to the factory and the outlet a few years back -

this is what we do too !
Sometimes we drive down and do both stay at the Fort and BLT -BCV -
I still like the down time driving forces you to take all though it is 26 hours if you go strait threw-
We did the class A for 12 years and now have a class C -
My kids still love the campground !

We have a class B MB Cruiser, Sprinter conversion. Hilton Head does let us park but it's a tight fit. Also, we had a tight fit at OKW this fall because of the building we were in. We love to travel in it because it drives more like a normal vehicle and we can park just about anywhere. The gas mileage is between 20-25 miles per gallon. We also use it as a camper but more than 2 people would be a stretch.

We've been thinking about getting one too, and have been looking since last summer. I don't think we'll be big on camping. We want it more for the drive. Are there any small Class B's that fit 6 people for a comfortable and fun drive?
We've been looking mostly at the Ace.
We want to use it to tour the US. We have 4 little kids who travel well and whom we homeschool. We could take a couple of weeks every year plus 3 day weekends a lot if we wanted to. We may spend the night in it occasionally IF we get one that accomodates sleeping 6. But I need a good quality hotel at least once every 2nd or 3rd night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter