Any DVCer's from the Albany, N.Y. area?

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
Hi ! I'm just curious to know if there are any DVC people that live in the area that I live.

I live just 5 miles away from Albany, N.Y. airport.

I live on the east side of the Hudson in Rensselaer County. Hello neighbors!

HBC

We live in the Town of Bethlehem...it takes us only 22 minutes to get to that non-stop Southwest flight to MCO!!!! Only 5 days until we board for our SS Member Cruise trip.

Although I'm in Indiana now, I lived in Coxsackie, went to college at Columbia-Greene Community College and graduated from Maria College.

Nothing beats sitting at the lawn in front of Olana (Church's home) on the Hudson River (south of Hudson) and directly across from Catskill - just cross the Rip Van Winkle! Many a happy day was spent watching the ships go up to the Port of Albany and then back down to NYC.

Colonie Center Mall, Northway Mall and Mohawk Mall!
Saratoga Race Track! Ahhh, the memories come flooding back to me!

Rae

I live in Rotterdam Junction - Western part of Rotterdam.

DVCGIRL49 looks like we might be at the world about the same time. We are outside of disney 7/9 and then go to the BCV 7/13 and then OKW 7/18. Will have to meet.
I have a co worker that is about 1 mile west of the airport and my daughter plays soccer at Afrims across from the times union, so I'm always in your neighborhood.
Great to hear from so many

Thanks for all the replys. I work as a State worker in Albany, and I live in Schenectady. I often go home Route 5, Central Avenue. I often stop at Colonie Center Mall after work, walk around a bit, and then go home.

Technically, I am not yet a DVC member. I just completed my
8th trip to Disney World since 1993, and it was my 4th trip solo.

As so many of us are, I am obsessed with Disney World. I already have a ressie for Dec. 5th-11th. at The Swan. I am seriously considering the possibility of evenly splitting my stay between The Swan, and BCV or BWV one bedroom, by renting points. I really want that luxury of that Jacuzzi tub. If I don't get to do it, I will just keep my original ressie.

At this time last year, I didn't understand the points system at all.
Now I study it almost every day.

It's good to know everyone !!!

I lived in Ballston Spa for 3 years..
I remember one JAN having 60 inches of snow in that month.
I dont miss that.., but it was beautiful country..
We used to live about 5 miles from some huge horse farms.

This is so cool. I had no idea there were so many of us around here! Jcanary...I know exactly where Affirms is...

We live about 5 miles from the Airport in Niskayuna. We just got back from BCV and plan to go again fairly soon. We love the Southwest flight-we used to take USAIR metrojet as well. We go about 4-5 times during the winter to get out of the northeast snow and cold. On our latest trip we flew USAIR (frequent flyer ticket) and volunteered to get bumped twice-and now have two free roundtrip tickets. So we are planning our next trip!

Hello from Greenwich in Washington County. Could it be any colder outside?! Thinking of DVC really helps. We'll be at BCV 7/13 - 7/19 too! We're actually considering driving .. hoping for a Southwest friends fly free special.

I am about an hour south in Red Hook, in Dutches County. My husband works for the assembly (staff not a member). I am a teacher in Poughkeepsie. We also love that morning non-stop on Southwest to Orlando!
Thinking of Beach Club everyday in this cold weather!:D

We live in Latham and are only about 5 minutes from the airport- I miss those metrojet flights on USAir, but we still take us air anyway because I can
guarantee a flight at the same time we plan our trip -11 months out- we have 2 kids and have to plan visits to Disney during school breaks and I have been afraid to wait for Southwest to open the booking. I would'nt want to risk having a reservation but no transportation.

Big changes at out local disney store in crossgates- they are phasing out all art and snowglobes maybe some other items too- I was there yesterday and the store was fairly empty and what was there was on clearance- disney pins are $1.12 each and t shirts for kids were $3.99 or $4.99 all fleece were $9.99 Costumes were all 75% off- seemed strange so I asked if the store was going to close- told me no but changes will be ongoing

WE are leaving for Disney and Disney Cruise in just 16 days- I can't wait. we are leaving on Feb 13th:Pinkbounc :bounce: Queen maybe we'll see you

Someday, it might be nice if all our local DVCer's met each other for dinner, or meet at the Mall for a DIS mini-meet.

Although I am technically not a member of the DVC, I would love to go too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter