Any DVCers ever use Thrifty Car Rental?

dapod423

Mouseketeer
I have decided that for our upcoming trip we are going to try the whole renting a car thing. But I'm having a hard time with the prices. $300 for 3 days?????? Then I came across Thrifty and thought it was too good to be true. It was just about $100 for the same 3 days? So.... is it too good to be true???

I have decided that for our upcoming trip we are going to try the whole renting a car thing. But I'm having a hard time with the prices. $300 for 3 days?????? Then I came across Thrifty and thought it was too good to be true. It was just about $100 for the same 3 days? So.... is it too good to be true???

Nope. All of the 3 major rental car agencies are reputable with their various brands: Thrifty/Dollar, Avis/Budget, National/Alamo/Enterprise. We actually prefer Thrifty, we usually get good rates as well. Also don't be afraid to try priceline or Hotwire, though you may want to google research it a bit to make an informed decision. We also constantly rate check, as most bookings are refundable. If we see a lower price, we cancel, and re-book it. We're paying $55 for 3 nights with Thrifty next week in Orlando!

Hope this helps.

We have rented from Thrifty quite a few times. I signed up for their club membership, and it saves time in line as well as offers discounts. I have been very pleased with their services in Orlando.

We have used dollar (which is now a partner company with Thrifty) for years. We have no real reason for a rental, as ME is usually fine for us. But if the price is good, I mean a great deal, we'll get a car. I highly recommend using their version of "Dollar-Express." The ability to walk right past the desk, to the garage and into your vehicle is fantastic. Plus the free rental days are an added benefit.

We haven't used Thrifty but we have used Fox and Payless and had great experiences with both. We check prices often and cancel reservations and rebook when prices get lower. For us Fox and Payless have been up to hundreds of dollars cheaper and are well worth the quick shuttle ride to their sites.

Thanks Everyone!! The trick is I need to pick up at MCO and drop off at Cape Canaveral. So I need something that is at both.

Thanks Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter