Any driving tips from my fellow Arizonans?

Fill up in AZ to save a buck per gallon on fuel. I actually like the 60. Those twisties get the blood flowing.

We are driving from DL to San Diego than to chandler Az. We are from NY. I am e citied about DL....but I think I am most excited about the drive to AZ through the desert.

We drive from Sierra Vista, long drive for us! :car: We use the 10 to 60 to 57 route also, but we love the twisty roads also. :dogdance:Can't wait to make the drive again!

Any of you guys/gals have advice for leaving DL on June 13th (Saturday) going to Sequoia? I am staying overnight and then planning to drive to Blythe (to overnight) on Sunday via Joshua Tree NP. I need to make it to Phoenix airport by noon on Monday. Thank you!!

Anybody ever do the trip in under 5 hours? 5 hours 3 minutes is my personal best to date which I've hit twice, but never bested.

Anybody ever do the trip in under 5 hours? 5 hours 3 minutes is my personal best to date which I've hit twice, but never bested.

I've done it in exactly 5 hours, I'm in Peoria just off TB and the 101. That was with no gas or bathroom stops.

As for driving, I always take I-10 to the 57 and straight down to either Ball Rd. or Katella, depending on where we're staying. I took the 60 once, a truck had caught on fire about half way down ... guess what? There's no way off that road if that happens, we were completely stopped for at least an hour until it was cleaned up. Never again!!

The "twisty" part of the 60 is called the Badlands by us locals. I live in Moreno Valley just past that stretch off of Moreno Beach Drive. I think it saves a good 20 minutes to take the 60. Unless there is an accident or the 91 has bad traffic. That freeway has given me many a gray hairs!

PS - HI Stacie :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter