• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any DREAM Concierge Reviews?

Lisa1527 I haven't found an answer to a question, perhaps you could help. Was there small robes in cabin for your kids. If so was there a color choice. Pink for girls/blue for boys? TIA

No robes for the kids on our 8/16 cruise. Just adults!!

No robes for the kids on our 8/16 cruise. Just adults!!

We asked for a child size robe and it came and it was blue. We only had a boy so we never asked if they had pink also. It was like a size range 7-10 or so.

Yes, that was a CAT V room and we actually had the extended verandah because we were on the bumpout. Once the sofa bed was pulled out there was no way out to the balcony other than climbing over it. This wasn't really an issue with us since our kids are small and we weren't climbing over legs...and they slept like rocks! haha Might be a challenge for light sleepers though. The only way to avoid this is if you can get away with just using the pull down you would have plenty of room, since the ladder doesn't obstruct the walkway at all.

What is the "bumpout"? Thank you

If you look at the deck plans for deck 12 and 11 you'll notice that the ship's shape "bumps out" from room 12006 to 12012, from room 12506 to 12512, and from room 11000 to 11006. Staying in one of these rooms means you'll have a deeper verandah. :woohoo:

Wow, those pictures of cat. V with the sofa bed out is sure very very tight. I can't believe they couldn't have been a little smarter about that design. Yikes.:goodvibes

the area on 11 with the bump out allows for a really deep verandah.
As far as how tight it is. It the one bedroom it is tight when the sofa bed is out and the murphy is out- I bumped my leg several times. In the regular room you have to plan ahead because once they put the sofa bed out you can not get to the verandah or open any of the drawers in the desk area. The first night we had to close it to get items we needed.

If you look at the deck plans for deck 12 and 11 you'll notice that the ship's shape "bumps out" from room 12006 to 12012, from room 12506 to 12512, and from room 11000 to 11006. Staying in one of these rooms means you'll have a deeper verandah. :woohoo:

Thank you. They had me in 12504 so I was going to change to 12508 or 12510, but when I went online to check my reservation they had already moved me to 12510. You dont think they will move me again without notifying me, will they?

I just looked at the 2013 Cat T prices for the third week in June and they are $9000 more than we are paying in 2012----WOW Glad we are going in 2012 there is no way we could afford $9000 more

For the poster that went on someones birthday,did you pay for the cake or did they leave that with the hat they brought your daughter? We are thinking (only thinking at this point) of booking concierge for our next cruise which will include both my son and my own birthday. Curious what extras we would actually have to purchase if we booked concierge. Thanks.

Hello everyone, I just finished reading this thread. I booked our family for our first concierge trip April 2013! What ever happened with the plan to enforce set embarking times? I believe it was an issue back in August that you couldn't enter the terminal until after 11:00?

Also we are in Room 12010. I was wondering if I could maybe request a change to starboard side to that we might see the fireworks from our balcony. Do you think it would be possible to do that?

Anyone else cruise concierge recently and have any reviews?

I was wondering if I could maybe request a change to starboard side to that we might see the fireworks from our balcony. Do you think it would be possible to do that?

All you have to do to change cabins is to call DCL and request it. If you are just changing within the same category, as long as a cabin is available, you can do it. The only thing I can add here is sometimes if someone is merely looking at a cabin on the DCL site, it may not show up as available for 20 minutes or so. You can go in and see what is available by plugging in the date you are cruising, category, and number of people. Sometimes more is available as the site tends to only show up to 8 cabins, even if more are open.

I'll be cruising concierge in February and April of 2012. And then most likely in January of 2013. I'll work on doing a trip report for them. (I'm not famous for finishing them....:rotfl:)

All you have to do to change cabins is to call DCL and request it. If you are just changing within the same category, as long as a cabin is available, you can do it. The only thing I can add here is sometimes if someone is merely looking at a cabin on the DCL site, it may not show up as available for 20 minutes or so. You can go in and see what is available by plugging in the date you are cruising, category, and number of people. Sometimes more is available as the site tends to only show up to 8 cabins, even if more are open.

I'll be cruising concierge in February and April of 2012. And then most likely in January of 2013. I'll work on doing a trip report for them. (I'm not famous for finishing them....:rotfl:)

Thanks!

For the poster that went on someones birthday,did you pay for the cake or did they leave that with the hat they brought your daughter? We are thinking (only thinking at this point) of booking concierge for our next cruise which will include both my son and my own birthday. Curious what extras we would actually have to purchase if we booked concierge. Thanks.

Hi...yes we did buy the cake and decorations ahead of time through the website but they left her the pirate ears and a coloring book. They also made our towel animal a birthday cake that night with about 20 chocolates as candles.

Hello everyone, I just finished reading this thread. I booked our family for our first concierge trip April 2013! What ever happened with the plan to enforce set embarking times? I believe it was an issue back in August that you couldn't enter the terminal until after 11:00?

Also we are in Room 12010. I was wondering if I could maybe request a change to starboard side to that we might see the fireworks from our balcony. Do you think it would be possible to do that?

Just to let you know they give you a warning notice to not watch the fireworks from your balcony. But it reality I would not worry about it since these are Class C(500 gram) fireworks, the same ones I shot off at my cabin.

Hi guys! We have booked one of the family staterooms with the extra deep balcony...does anyone have pictures of this type of room?
This is our first concierge trip......booked, deposit paid....what do we do now?! do the concierge staff contact us to make reservations etc or do we just do it on line?
Can they get you further reservations for Palo and Remy if you decide that you want them once on board?
Thanks so much
Debx

Hi...yes we did buy the cake and decorations ahead of time through the website but they left her the pirate ears and a coloring book. They also made our towel animal a birthday cake that night with about 20 chocolates as candles.

Thanks!
Despite which room we book I'm sure we'd do the decorations etc.....Nice to hear that there is a little bonus in concierge.
Thanks again.

Hi guys! We have booked one of the family staterooms with the extra deep balcony...does anyone have pictures of this type of room?
This is our first concierge trip......booked, deposit paid....what do we do now?! do the concierge staff contact us to make reservations etc or do we just do it on line?
Can they get you further reservations for Palo and Remy if you decide that you want them once on board?
Thanks so much
Debx

Would like to see as Pictures as well....popcorn::

You book everything 120 days out on the website. There should be info on the exact day you can start booking when you log into your reservation page. You will only need to contact the concierge staff for a special request. Concierge is great you will have a wonderful time.

Thanks!
Despite which room we book I'm sure we'd do the decorations etc.....Nice to hear that there is a little bonus in concierge.
Thanks again.

You're welcome! They definitely made her feel extra special. Every time they saw her during the day they fawned all over her. When I ordered the package they said they had to decorate the room before we got in. (I had asked if it could be done the next day as that was her actual birthday) When we asked the Concierge crew at our meet & greet if they had decorated they advised us they could've done it the next day...so it may help to email them ahead of time or talk to them once you get in the lounge if you have something special in mind.

...does anyone have pictures of this type of room?

Not sure which deck, I assume you mean CAT V. ?? I found these links. None of interior though. Not all CAT V , but gives a look at the balconies. I recall a video on youtube of the interior. I'll look for link. Actually the links / photos are in past posts. I'll quickly rifle through those 34 pages, NOT. :rotfl2:

Last photo/shows exterior well
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38775996&postcount=1

Another exterior
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38785419&postcount=85

Deck 11 / with great photo of bump out / good links
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39857734&postcount=1105

Video, well 40 seconds of dark video? Lame , but there are others that come up I'm sure of CAT V.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWeUKe3To4

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter