Any drawbacks to e-tickets?

mommyof2boys1girl

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...
Heading down to Orlando on Feb 15 and just purchasing tickets now. Nervous about choosing a "snail mail" option since we're only 15 days out...OTC offers e-tickets which are seeming like a good option. Anyone have any issues with these?

I bought print at home tickets from otc. Is that what you mean? It saved me a shipping charge. I printed them immediately so i wouldnt lose the email attachment and I took photos of the printed tickets as a safe guard. They are a sheet of paper, not credit card cardstock that regular tickets are on. Last time we had these paper print at home tickets the concierge at Royal Pacific hotel swapped the paper out for cardstock tickets. Hope that helps

The etickets are fine, another option is will call where you go to ticket machines either outside the park gates or in the on site hotel lobbies and just pick them up there. (I've done it where I parked in the short term parking at Cabana bay, ran into the lobby to use the machines, and left, without even having to park in the main garage).

My party of 7 used eTickets in December with no issues. I never bothered to switch them to cards for our 4 days in the parks and it was fine. I had them scanned and then I folded them up and put them in a ziploc. I didn't want to waste time waiting in line to switch them to cards.

Two years ago the e-tickets we printed at home didn't scan well at the entrance which wasted time trying to get through. We have a printer that's about 3 or 4 years old. The printouts looked fine, but for whatever reason they didn't scan. We ended up spending about 45 mins of park time at guest services getting them switched for the credit card sized tickets. That was not my favorite 45 mins. In Nov I got the tickets mailed and skipped the hassle. If you have time, I'd do that. If not, then you've got a good shot of the e-tickets working but they may not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter