• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any disney photographer recommendations?

Tanners

Disney Bride to be
I'm having a hard time choosing my photography package. We are having an escape wedding and feel that I should probably upgrade the package since the escape wedding only includes 20 5x7 prints. I was also hoping for a disney photographer referall. I asked my wedding planner but she said they are all very good. Not sure what to do!!! please help!

We had Regina for our vow renewal and she was great to work with. I was very happy with our pictures. I looked around at the photos people posted in their planning journals and really liked her work so I put in a request for her. Good luck!:goodvibes

Regina, Regina, Regina!!!! We had her for our MK and EPCOT shoots and she was fantastic! :lovestruc

We had Amy for our honeymoon shoot but was dissappointed really...:rolleyes1 though I know others really loved her.

If I was going to do any shoot again, i'd request Regina. :goodvibes

Do you have to get a Disney official photographer? Maybe you can hire outside of Disney and get a style you prefer that fits you better.

I requested Amy, Mike Strickland, and Regina for our VR in April because of seeing their work from brides that had them for their weddings. I did not get either of them (one was on vacation, one was getting married and one was the photog at that wedding)! :laughing:

So we were assigned Stephanie. She was good and very easy to work with. We upgraded to the Cinderella "D" package (I think). We're getting 24 8x10s in an album, the DVD, and an 11x14 photo (plus 4x6 copies of every single picture). We LOVE the pictures, but the only thing I was disappointed in was the fact she only took 130 pictures (we got just over 150 pictures but some are the same shot only in black & white).

Here is a link to our photos online: http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings
Username: Henshaw Vow Renewal
Password: 1971

DH & I talked about getting an outside photographer, but honestly because of the cost we went with the upgrade through Disney.

We had Ty and Mike Strickland and I think Amy on our list of likes! (I think), they had an edgier style so that's why we prefer them. I regularly read about brides that have used Amy or Regina, so I think they are more common and seem to be great! I think it boils down to what you are looking for in terms of style. Then, search their names through reviews on here to see what brides say about their experiences with that particular photographer! :)

On our wedding day the other week we had darren - he seemed really nice but didn't seem to be doing a lot (photos may turn out better than i think) on our MK shoot we had amy and regina and those two i would highly recommend.

Thank you so much for the great info everyone. I love the pictures they are beautiful. I will have to do some more research since I have been thinking about an outside photographer, mostly because of the time frame of the escape wedding. I really want to take advantage of the boardwalk location. Thanks everyone, happy weddings!!;)

Regina!!! We had her for our engagement shoot and loved both her and the pictures. We had her again for our wedding this past Saturday and she showed us some pictures she shot and they were just amazing! I can't wait to see all of them! And we have her booked for our MK bridal shoot in August!

So I'm still undecided. So far i've been looking at Randy CHapman, the roots, and Amy Alexander from disney photography. So if any of you fabulous disney brides out there want to post some of your pics from these photographers,it would be greatly appreciated! ;) Thanks ladies!!

Did they change the basic Escape photography?? I thought it only came with a 20 print 4x6 album not 5x7?

Randy was our main photographer on our wedding day and i highly recommend him and yes its true what every disbride says about him. I deal with photographers all the time and must say hes one of the best i've worked with. He's really lovely and his pics are fantastic. I've yet to hear a bride whos had him and not been satisified (if there is one).

Personally i think Randy under prices himself if you look at all the other photographers prices who are mentioned on here, which is a bonus for all us disbrides. Randy also never clock watches so your more than likely get a lot longer photography time than what you have paid for.

You wont be sorry if you book him.

So I'm still undecided. So far i've been looking at Randy CHapman, the roots, and Amy Alexander from disney photography. So if any of you fabulous disney brides out there want to post some of your pics from these photographers,it would be greatly appreciated! ;) Thanks ladies!!

We had the Roots, loved them and the photos. There are lots posted in my PJ, the link in my signature will bring you to the index and you can see photos from the entire day. :goodvibes

If you want the best you should check out David & Vicki Ardnt! They are amazing!!!!! They will make you feel comfortable while capturing your special day. We've received so many compliments on our pictures, guestbook & thank you's. They took our engagement, welcome party & wedding day pics & we can't wait to book them again! :)

http://www.davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/
:cheer2::yay::banana::cool1:

If you want the best you should check out David & Vicki Ardnt! They are amazing!!!!! They will make you feel comfortable while capturing your special day. We've received so many compliments on our pictures, guestbook & thank you's. They took our engagement, welcome party & wedding day pics & we can't wait to book them again! :)

http://www.davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/
:cheer2::yay::banana::cool1:

:goodvibes Oh, I saw your pictures on David and Vicki's FB page. I loved all your pictures!:lovestruc

On our wedding day the other week we had darren - he seemed really nice but didn't seem to be doing a lot (photos may turn out better than i think) on our MK shoot we had amy and regina and those two i would highly recommend.

We also had darren and he was not so great im sorry to say. he actually left us to get more batteries (in a 2 hour session this is not great!!!!) and the pictures were not good to say the least. PM me if you want more infor. we hired Jess Cumbie as an external photog and can not speak highly enough of her and her pics are simply stunning - more than i could have ever imagned. Im sorry as i do not want to be negative......

We had Stephanie for our ceremony and MK shoot- and she was amazing! We added photojournalism, and were assigned Rick. He was pretty good, but Stephanie blew him outta the water! I was worried at first because I'd never heard of Stephanie (had requested Regina or Amy) but now I'm so happy we got her!
http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Username: Gasiewicz / Schneider Wedding
Password: 1971

So, after lots of research and great advice, I have officially booked Randy Chapman for our wedding day!!! I couldnt be more happy with our decision. His shots at the boardwalk are incredible!! Thanks to all of you for helping me out!! Happy weddings!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter