Any DIS'ers a celebrity or related to one?

Not anyone that I am aware of...Mom tells me we had family in the traveling circus when her Dad was young...;)

I was on a Sunday coupon once...does that count?

Aimee Mann. She's married to Michael Penn, who is the brother of Sean Penn.

Loved Til Tuesday...it was the first concert I ever went to...they were opening for Rick Springfield.

I'm supposedly related to Thomas Jefferson, which I guess also makes me related to a previous poster.:cool1:

Cool! :goodvibes My great aunt is actually visiting from VA at Easter; I'm going to ask her if she put the family tree online anywhere. I haven't thought about that since high school until this post. What the heck is "distant" anyway?

Although I'm sure that there are thousands of people across the country related to him, so my guess is we are not alone on this board.

Red Ruffing (baseball player/Hall of Famer) was related to my DH's Grandfather.

I'm related to Mackenzie Rossman, the girl who played Ruthie on 7th Heaven. I think she's my grandmother's grandniece. My grandmother has nine brothers and sisters, so it's hard to keep her family straight. Anyway, there's a picture of Mackenzie out with the other family pictures my grandmother has out.

Oh, and I'm friends with Johnny Cash's granddaughter.

Hey - - yes!!! I'm so surprised you figured that out. Are you a fan? We like her music a lot.

OMG...I just figured it out. And I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan. She is a genius..my absolute favorite female recording artist. :goodvibes

Hey - - yes!!! I'm so surprised you figured that out. Are you a fan? We like her music a lot.

I'm glad this thread got bumped up again and you confirmed who it was! It has been bugging me! :laughing:

I have not heard too much of her solo stuff. I just remember her from her 80's band and I liked her husband's one-hit-wonder song a whole bunch too! Her BIL leaves a WHOLE LOT to be desired though! :lmao:

Now that I think about it, I am somewhat related to a minor celebrity. My husband's cousin's daughter is Taylor Momsen. She played Cindy Lou Who in the Jim Carrey Grinch movie and is now on "Gossip Girl". I've never met her, but she is my daughters' second cousin.

I'm friends with someone famous, but I'd never reveal his name publicly. We both like the fact that no one knows we're friends and would never think to look for him here or ask me questions about him! :lmao:

Only a couple of really 'mean' Cherokee, and 1 Choctaw indian. oops, Native American!

I have to keep telling myself that, Native American! I grew up saying we were indians!

Forgot to add, DH is 2nd cousins with a famous Basketball player. I dont know him though.

I almost forgot -- I'm related to a very famous Olympian gymnast who was featured on Wheaties boxes. ;) She's my great-aunt's sister's daughter... so I guess she's a cousin of some sort to me.

He's not famous, but my Uncle Genie invented the ejection seat:
I have a great uncle that invented something too...............those little packets of jelly & butter you get at restaurants. He was my grandfather's brother & passed away prior to my birth, I believe.

Regardless, my mom said he was a pretty stingy man & didn't "share the wealth" with anyone.

Not sure how he could be related to my grandfather because my grandfather didn't have a penny to his name but was the kindest & "richest" man on earth. :goodvibes

Only a couple of really 'mean' Cherokee, and 1 Choctaw indian. oops, Native American!

I have to keep telling myself that, Native American! I grew up saying we were indians!
Somewhere in my lineage is Native American blood, I'm told. Some great, or great-great grandmother was married to a Native American.

My great uncle was a bluegrass musician back in the 40's and 50's. Charlie Daniels actually credits my uncle as his inspiration to play fiddle. I used to work for the GM of a music festival where Charlie Daniels played and we had a big long conversation about my uncle - he was very sad to hear he'd passed.

I didn't realize he was "famous" til a couple years ago. We started finding some of his stuff on eBay - old records, old programs, autographed pictures, etc. And there would be these big bidding wars on all of his stuff! Then I found out that before the Grateful Dead were "officially" the Dead, a couple of the members used to do a cover of one of my uncle's songs. I can't find any information other than a list of their old covers and the original artists. But, at least in small circles, he was famous.

This is the man that started my Disney obsession. When he retired, he moved to FL. Not long after WDW opened, he started playing fiddle in Frontierland. My grandpap and he were very close so we'd go visit at least once a year, sometimes more. I just thought he was cool because he got me into the MK! LOL! I still remember being terrified to go to his house because I'd heard they had a gator in the neighborhood that would swim in his pool every morning. I guess I was afraid I'd get eaten. I remember refusing to go into the back yard. :rotfl:

Somewhere in my lineage is Native American blood, I'm told. Some great, or great-great grandmother was married to a Native American.

My granny (my dads mom) is 100% Cherokee. My dad and all 13 of his brothers and sisters have the 'skin and hair' that goes along with it.

I missed out on the 'tan'!

My maiden name is Hughes.

I am kin to Howard Hughes.

We got all the CRAZY and none of the MONEY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter