Any Disc. Cove ? and any tips?

princesscate

Mouseketeer
Hi we are going to be hitting DC at the end of the month. When do we find out what time our dolphin interaction is? How early do we need to get there?
Is there a photo package? And how much or is it included? I tried to look for one on their site and can't seem to find any info. about it. Thanks in advance!

Hi we are going to be hitting DC at the end of the month. When do we find out what time our dolphin interaction is? How early do we need to get there?
Is there a photo package? And how much or is it included? I tried to look for one on their site and can't seem to find any info. about it. Thanks in advance!

Your dolphin swim time is assigned when you check in at DC on the date of your visit. The earlier you arrive, the earlier your swim will be. You will be put in small groups of up to about 8 people, so if your party is smaller than that, they will match you up with another couple or family for the swim.

We always arrive no later than 7:30 am for summer visits, as later arrival times will generally get you a swim time in the afternoon.....which can be problematic with the regular Florida afternoon thunderstorms. We like having our dolphin swim time as early as possible, leaving us the rest of the day to do exactly what we please.

This thread is a good resource for photo package pricing (though there could be some changes in prices since that list was posted):

http://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-photo-package.3389959/#post-53422447

We have always found the photo quality to be excellent and well worth the cost. The best souvenirs of your day will be the photos of your family interacting the with dolphins.

Thanks so much! We'll plan on arriving early then!

Your dolphin swim time is assigned when you check in at DC on the date of your visit. The earlier you arrive, the earlier your swim will be. You will be put in small groups of up to about 8 people, so if your party is smaller than that, they will match you up with another couple or family for the swim.

We always arrive no later than 7:30 am for summer visits, as later arrival times will generally get you a swim time in the afternoon.....which can be problematic with the regular Florida afternoon thunderstorms. We like having our dolphin swim time as early as possible, leaving us the rest of the day to do exactly what we please.

This thread is a good resource for photo package pricing (though there could be some changes in prices since that list was posted):

http://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-photo-package.3389959/#post-53422447

We have always found the photo quality to be excellent and well worth the cost. The best souvenirs of your day will be the photos of your family interacting the with dolphins.

We have done this twice and arrived about 8am both times. First time we had the first dolphin swim but it kind of messed up our breakfast which was a major rush. We found the 10.30am dolphin swim perfect. Time for a relaxed breakfast and bit of an explore/set up camp for the day first then the rest of the day and lunch we were free to roam and eat when it suited us. We bought the whole photo package once. Expensive but worth it. Didn't bother the second time but it was only a year later and the kids didn't look that different lol!

Discovery Cove was the best part of our vacation last time we were in Orlando. We arrived at 7:30 am and got a 10 am swim. It was great! We bought the entire photo pack with DVD. Best decision. Can't wait to do it again as it has changed since we were last there. We are going again next year. Enjoy your day!

Discovery Cove was the best part of our vacation last time we were in Orlando. We arrived at 7:30 am and got a 10 am swim. It was great! We bought the entire photo pack with DVD. Best decision. Can't wait to do it again as it has changed since we were last there. We are going again next year. Enjoy your day!
We are surprising our DD who LOVES dolphins and loves marine life! We are so excited! She of course can't stand birds so we'll have fun teasing her in the aviary!
10am would be a perfect time! Can't wait!

I have heard positive and negative about taking pictures of family in the Dolphin swim. Does anyone have any pics that they took of the Dolphin swim? I am trying to decide if we can skip the expensive picture package.

The second time we went only my DH and children dos the dolphin swim. I was allowed to stand nearby and take pictures. They were ok. Absolutely nothing like the package ones though because you can't get in front of them. Even if you are a great photographer there will be no comparison.

I have heard positive and negative about taking pictures of family in the Dolphin swim. Does anyone have any pics that they took of the Dolphin swim? I am trying to decide if we can skip the expensive picture package.

Are you looking for photos that families have took themselves with their own cameras? Or pictures taken by the DC photographers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter