any different availability for ADRS on line versus phone?

MadzMum

Earning My Ears
we leave TOMORROW and I'm still checking the ADR site for any last minute openings (perhaps obsessively). is the availability the same on line as if I were to call?
thanks!!

Hi, I was wondering the same thing.
So I called and they told me it is the same calling or on line.
Only thing is...calling will be faster because they can tell you which day and time the restaurant you want is available. For example, when I was looking for Be Our Guest ADR, I didn't have time to input every hour of every day to check the opening. But when I called, they could be able to find me the first opening in my 9 days stay at WDW.

Also, they said on line ADR updates every time there is cancellation (every second?) so I guess checking often will be the best way...(I became obsessed at some point...)

I would imagine people cancel a day before so don't lose hope. Maybe you can still find it when you get to WDW. Just call and ask!! Good luck!

Really the only chance you have with the phone being better is that they do have the option of fudging the rules.

The online system wont show you what "is" available - whereas on the phone the CM can see you're a party of 4 and there's a table for 5-6 guests and it's tomorrow so.. heck, book it and lie about the number of guests to the computer.

Disney's system are very strict in working like that. Tables for 5-6 are for 5-6 guests ONLY in the computer's mind. Heck, sometimes there's tables for like 8-10 unbooked but guests calling for 2 or 4 guests are turned away for months. The most common result of this strict desire to not book under capacity is parties of 2 being turned away from tables for 3-4 guests.

You can "fool" the online system yourself and add a person to your party when you search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter