Any Deer Hunters Out There ?????

john59

<font color=navy>GOD BLESS <font color=red>AMERI
:confused3:confused3:confused3

Just got back from deer hunting in North Central Pennsylvania. Being more into Archery, this was the first time in probably 15/18 years I carried my .270 for deer.

Got badgered into peer group pressure 'Get your Butt up to Camp for a few days, it's been tooooo long and the clock is ticking on all of us'.

Dutifully, I went to a treestand an hour before it got light (18 degrees, then rain and more rain and then wind) for three days. This is insane ! ! !

I did notice in our Game Management Unit, doe (antlerless) tags dropped by 10,000. We have a 3 point rule In PA on bucks, i.e. to be legal the buck must have at least 3 points on one side. I believe the 3pt thing is good

I did see a few spikes and forks, but nothing legal. The scarey part is I saw as many bucks as does and not very many of each. Normally on the property in the past, I could count on seeing, at a minimum, 15 does each day. I have never purchased a Doe Tag.

YIKES---I personally think that we have shot off tooooooo many does over the past years. I am seeing more deer, in total, in South Central PA, where I live, but I don't deer hunt here. Just hunt groundhogs for the Dairy Farmers.

Your thoughts on PA or other States.
john

This is the first year that I will not being going for my yearly nature walk/nap with my .32 rifle. THe sad part is I have had more luck hunting with my vehicles this year than I have ever had with my nature walks/nap

My husband and son just returned from a week in Ohio! NOTHING at all! They saw some doe and 1 buck the entire week! They will be spending the rest of hunting season in Alabama! Word is though from the other hunters - not much moving around..... Good Luck! My freezer is getting empty from the $500.00 lb. venison :rolleyes1 from last season!

Minnesota and Wisconsin had a GREAT season! Lots of does - in fact they handed out more doe permits in Minnesota this year, than in other years! :)

I heard they have an open season this year in Alaska!

NorthernTragedy.jpg

I hunted Alabama over ThanksGiving week. It was really warm this year. In the 70's in the evening and 50's in the morning but we still came home with 3 Deer (Does) in the freezer. It's cold enough to freeze the snot on your face now though. Rut in Alabama is Mid January so hope to get back up.:thumbsup2

I saw more coyote then deer while hunting my property in Northeast PA. it was awful this year. Last year were the bears and this year are the coyotes.
Here in FL is no better. We have been over-run by coyotes and bear, we don't see near as many deer as we use to.
I agree with you on the doe tags. Too many people shoot them just to say they got a deer. I agree with the point rule, we have that same rule in our hunting camp down here in FL.

:confused::confused::confused:

KimIce brought up coyote. They are really seeing then in N Central PA.

While hunting groundhogs, the last 4 years, in S Central PA, I have seen many Red Fox. This year on two differnt farms I saw 2 coyote, really not that far out. At first I thought they were Fox, but too big. Then I thought they were manegie dogs. Toooooo late. Spotted me and gone. John you are a dumb $^%%$#, that was a coyote. Then I made the same mistake a second time. Yes, you are a dumb %$**%$.

I do not have a Fur Takers License with my combo Lifetime License. This year I told the Dairy Farmers about all the Fox I have seen and the coyote. All of them said shoot them ! ! ! "but I can't, by law". I have to have a Fur Takers License for Fox (not neccessary for coyote). I received a polite stare and I could tell they agreed with my personal assessment of being a DUMB*%%$*#.

Two farmers said that they would pick up the cost of the Fur Taker License. I just can't make them pay for the License, soooooo after Licenses go on sale in July I wiil get one. I am also going to carry a Rabbit Squaller Call when chuck hunting is slow. Just maybe I can nail a coyoye. I know I will have shooting at the fox.
john

We see coyotes but we live in the country, so I guess it can be expected. The last few I saw came down with a bad case of high velocity lead poisoning, crazy world we live in.

My daughter likes to throw carrots out for them, I took these pictures last year from the back doorwall.

IMG_0348.jpg

These guys decided to catch a few z's after dinner.

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter