Any David Byrne fans?

Sir Robin Hood

Mouseketeer
Let's talk Talking Heads shall we? I absolutely love this song, and am saddened that they don't write 'em like this nowadays. It's called "Road To Nowhere" and probably has (imo) the most catchy tune/beat to any song I've heard. (And I've heard a lot). Here's a YouTube video from the tour David is on currently. This particular video was shot at a concert earlier this month.

The first minute is nothing but the crowd cheering, but I promise there is a song in this. Just wait until 1 min into it and it starts off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsCtHyNAmBA

Is it just me, or does the beat of the song when it finally picks up have sorta a bayou feel to it? I personally love it. :cool2: Rock on Mr. Byrne, rock on!

I've always liked David Byrne. In the 80s I used to watch Stop Making Sense almost every day. I think my whole family knew the lyrics to every Talking Heads song. Lol! That was such a brilliant concert.

Have you ever heard his solo album Rei Momo? It's Latin American style. We had a nightly radio show here years ago and when that album was released the dj played it for a few nights running. I was mesmorised. Fantastic stuff! You've reminded me to look for it on iTunes as, at the time, I couldn't find it in any shops. (Pre-Internet days).

Speaking of David Byrne, I was watching Ice Age 2 recently and there's a song in that which is weirdly identical to David Byrne's/Talking Heads style. I would've sworn it was him until I looked it up and found out it wasn't. I don't know what the song is called. Anyway I'm rambling.

In short, yes David Byrne is great. :)

I've been a Talking Heads, David Byrne fan 'forever'. I saw the Stop Making Sense concert live and was blown away. The film does a great job of capturing the energy.

I also saw David Byrne when he was just starting his Rei Momo tour. He played a small local venue as a 'tune up'. At first the crowd was bewildered with the 'big band' in white tuxedoes, but once the music started, the place came alive.

This Must be the Place (Naive Melody) is "our song". It is what we danced to at our wedding reception. I have always loved Talking Heads.

oh wow! That must have been amazing. :cloud9:

It was. The way he came our solo and added musicians for every song was very cool. :cool2:Plus the big suit! I need to find my ticket stub. I bet the price was <$20.:eek:

(Our avatars are lab partners.:laughing:)

Hmmm. Now I may have to go dig out my Psycho Killer single with the acoustic version on the 'B' side.

I need to find my ticket stub.

You should! I'm gonna dig out all my old concert ticket stubs and frame them one of these days. You know, so I can remind the kids that just cause I'm a parent doesn't mean I'm totally uncool. LOL!

(Our avatars are lab partners.:laughing:)

OMG! Too funny. :lmao: :rotfl2: But seriously Beaker is a gentle soul, can you ease up on him? ;)

Have you ever heard his solo album Rei Momo? It's Latin American style. We had a nightly radio show here years ago and when that album was released the dj played it for a few nights running. I was mesmorised. Fantastic stuff! You've reminded me to look for it on iTunes as, at the time, I couldn't find it in any shops. (Pre-Internet days).
Never heard of Rei Momo, but if it's by Byrne or the Heads, I'll love it. Actually, I'm not a genuine Talking Heads/Byrne fan since I was probably still in pre-school when they were big. Just got hooked on the band after hearing songs on 80's stations. Road to Nowhere is my all time favorite Byrne hit, with And She Was and Life During Wartime both in a close 2nd place.

Never heard of Rei Momo, but if it's by Byrne or the Heads, I'll love it. Actually, I'm not a genuine Talking Heads/Byrne fan since I was probably still in pre-school when they were big. Just got hooked on the band after hearing songs on 80's stations. Road to Nowhere is my all time favorite Byrne hit, with And She Was and Life During Wartime both in a close 2nd place.

Great songs! The video for 'Road to Nowhere' is excellent - you might find it on the web somewhere. 'Once in a Lifetime' and 'Heaven' are two of my favourites. 'Heaven' was used recently in the soundtrack to the movie 'My Sisters Keeper'.

Here's yet another 'Road To Nowhere' video from the current tour David is on. This one is from back in late June. He actually performs the song with a marching band on stage with him. I know what you're thinkinking...David Byrne & Marching Bands shouldn't even be in the same sentence together. But it is awesome! Pure genius. :thumbsup2 :cool1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJc_oM5CF0

I just found my ticket stub.

Yesterday was the 26th anniversary of the "Stop Making Sense" concert. August 2, 1983. And the ticket price was...........$11.50.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter