• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Cons with Orbitz

Kimi313

DIS Veteran
Been reserving with codes for Disney for years. Reading all I can find this morning about reserving with Orbitz and getting excited for it. Trying to check everything out for a fall trip. Are there any cons about going through them? I know when I use to travel with groups there was always the one person who got bumped, do you have to pay full amount when you make reservations, and everyone says add the children later via phone call but if I have 4 adults can I just add them? Thanks for all the info, just getting older and starting to get nervous with change, lol.

You also have to pay in full when you book.

You can't/shouldn't book children online, or you'll be charged extra. You have to call later to add them on.

That being said, I really like using Orbitz for WDW.

Edit: sorry, I should have read more carefully! Four adults- I'd still only book two now. I suspect you may get charged more through Orbitz.

Four adults- I'd still only book two now. I suspect you may get charged more through Orbitz.

You really need to book all adults. Disney does charge more for adults beyond the first two (for most resorts; DVC and campground are exceptions). If you don't, you won't be able to add the extra adults; they'll make you rebook. It's only children that can be added to the reservation at no extra charge.

You really need to book all adults. Disney does charge more for adults beyond the first two (for most resorts; DVC and campground are exceptions). If you don't, you won't be able to add the extra adults; they'll make you rebook. It's only children that can be added to the reservation at no extra charge.
Oh for sure you'd have to declare all four at some point. I was just thinking you'd get charged the proper Disney amount by calling after booking. I just have a feeling that Orbitz may use their own arbitrary extra-adult rate.

But I will definitely defer to someone who I respect as an expert.

Oh for sure you'd have to declare all four at some point. I was just thinking you'd get charged the proper Disney amount by calling after booking. I just have a feeling that Orbitz may use their own arbitrary extra-adult rate.

No, Orbitz just passes on Disney's regular extra-adult fee ($25/person/day for Deluxe, $15 for Moderate, $10 for Value). Though I believe the 15% off applies to the extra adult fee as well, so that's a slight savings. :)

This is exactly what i came on here to ask. What age counts as adults? it will be me and 4 teens.

This is exactly what i came on here to ask. What age counts as adults? it will be me and 4 teens.

For hotel bookings "adult" is 18 and over. So teenagers 17 and younger are free. One of the few times that Disney's definition of an adult matches most other people's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter