any CM's lurking to answer a Q?

turning40withMickey

I will never be too old for Disney!
Is it true that cast members can get "anyone" into a park just by going in with them? A relative has just been hired by Disney, and if this is true, it would make for a great vacation for us this year. If it is not true, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by asking it of them!
I have heard that they can get people into the parks (as in for free), but it seems too good to be true! :confused3

My DS was a CM with the college program and he was allowed to get 3 people in for six days total. Any 3 people, any six days as long as he was an employee. So there is truth to it. Just not sure how many days/people a full-time CM can do. I doubt that it is unlimited, but wouldn't that be great?

You can get people into a park but there is no park hopping. I don't know what the current is but when I worked there it was 6 visits/quarter for 3 people/visit (it's based on your family size, or was). One park only and I had to be w/them at the main gate.

Hopefully someone can give you more current info. There might be a waiting period before they can do that, too...

Well, there are five of us, but even if three got in free, big savings!
Do CM's get any other perks, like discounts for family at resorts? Thanks to anyone who knows anything (or where I can look online to find out)!

My son was in the College Program this past fall. The tickets ARE park hoppers, which is wonderful. As someone else mentioned, the CM can get three people in at a time up to his/her limit. Here's some other things we discovered:

CM has to be with you when you get into the first park. We did evening EMH without him b/c he had to be at work at 6 a.m. this morning.

CM can get you a great hotel discount (about 40%) and an even better one if he/she stays in the room with you (50%). They have to go to the resort and show an ID in advance of your arrival. They also have to make this reservation, not you.

CM has discounts at some restaurants and most shops. This includes a small discount on the passes you'll have to buy.

There are blackout dates for both the free admissions and the shopping discounts. They sometimes get extra shopping discounts and even extra admissions, but Disney is notoriously late about sending out the material. My DS received in November a package that had an extra day of admission good October until the start of the Christmas season. We had visited him the last weekend in October, which would have been after the day was available, and arrived for our Christmas trip the day AFTER the pass expired. Bummer.

We absolutely loved DS's CP perks!

I'd mention I was going and see if they offer. All the CMs I know have had an excellent idea of whom they were going to use their admissions on....and all of them resented the "can you get me into the parks?" question when they already had relatives or friends to take care of.

Just to add......I was a cast member for several years and I can tell you that I was hired as an hourly, full-time cast member and, as mentioned above, was able to get in up to 3 people, 3 times per quarter. I was single at the time so, dependent allotment was for up to 3 guests. Had I been married with 4 children, that number would have bumped up to 5. The tickets ARE park hoppers. The catch was that the first time everyone entered I would have to be there to sign them in and get the tickets issued but then they could go about their day in multiple parks on their own.

After being at Disney for a few years, I was promoted and took a salaried position. Salaried individuals have a different pass then hourly. For salaried cast members, we could get in our specific allotment of dependents (as mentioned above) in every day of the year, with the exception of major holidays or other announced black-out days. So, needless to say, once I was a salaried CM I was being asked all of the time to get people in. I was never really bothered by it at all.

Oh, and there was a 90 day wait period to get the pass when I was originally hired and I don't think that has changed.

Hope that helps!

Yep correct! They can only enter 3 at a time though. We have 4 cousins that work at Disney so we get up to 12 people :)

That's honestly the only way we can go every year... if not we'd probably be able to go once every 2 years... we are very thankful and lucky!

There are a couple of different types of passes. When my Mom was a manager at a Disney Store she had a Silver Pass which got her 3 people plus herself or spouse into the parks on any day except blackouts.

Now, she works at WDW but just as a regular CM and has a Main Entrance pass which gets 3 people plus herself/spouse but it is only for like 12 admissions a year, or maybe it is 16. And there are blackout days. It used to be just used to be major holidays but starting this year there are a LOT of blackout dates. If the spouse's family is larger than 4 people the pass is good for the number of people in the family. It's good at all parks except the Japanese parks. At WDW, the CM can also get in on their ID.

The tickets you get are park hoppers. The CM/spouse is supposed to stay with the guests unless they are immediate family.

Also twice a year the CM will receive 2 tickets (so 4 tickets in total) that are one day park hoppers. These are good any time, no blackouts.

In addition to this, CM's can purchase passes, even APs, for friends and family for like a 5% discount. And tickets to the water parks, Disney Quest and Pleasure Island clubs for 50% but the CM has to accompany the guests.

Yes, there is a "friends and family" rate for hotels of either 40% or 25% depending on availability. If they are staying at the hotel at the same time/same room, the discount is 50%. Sometimes you can get the dining plan added on for 50% off. And sometimes there are specific deals (like 60% off Saratoga Springs or something)

20% off food if the CM is there for the meal at sit down restaurants, although there can be restrictions, like for lunch, only after 8:30PM. They often take away this during holidays and free dining. My Dad bought a DDE card and they just use that instead. At Disneyland the discount is good at ALL restaurants, even counter service.

Merchandise discounts are either 20% or 35% if the CM is a manager or worked at Disney for 3 years. They are supposed to be for immediate family, but they don't really care, just let the CM pay for everything and settle the bill at home. In addition, there are a couple of CM only stores. Cast Connection is behind the Magic Kingdom and sells overstock and discontinued merchandise. Think an outlet store. In the back of Cast Connection is Property Control. This is where they sell old park/resort stuff for cheap. Dishes, furniture, bedding, video games, you name it. Then there is a "damages" trailer. All the stuff that gets broken in the park, or let's say a package was opened, ends up here and sold at 75% off. At all of these stores you need the CM with you but you can pay for things yourself (you can even use a credit card). They just need to see the CM's ID. Then there are Company D stores, several on property. Here you can get the CM pins, lanyards. They also have some CM only merchandise, but it's mostly for managers to pick up little gifts (non-Disney). Also twice a year are 2 SALSA sales (Spend a Little Save A lot) which is the same stuff as in Cast Connection but even better deals. And there are several "Pin Parties" where pins are sold at 75% off. The SALSA sales are only open to the CM/spouse the first couple days but it's like a 2 week sale. Sometimes the pin parties are CM only (like if it is held backstage in a park) but the most recent ones have been in places where they can bring up to 6 people with them to shop.

Then there is the cast holiday celebration booklet. That gives one admission to a major park, one admission to each of the minor parks, one 50% off in-park dining, one 50% off resort dining, the merchandise discount gets bumped to 40%, free photo, 6 free popcorn/drink, the hotel discount for a room with a CM goes up to 60%. These things are usually blacked out around the Christmas/New Years but they are good Oct-until then, and then after New Years - Feb (blacked out again around Veteran's day)

Aside from the parks, CM's can also buy discounted tickets for the AMC theater, other area attractions at Company D. They also get discounts on the Disney Cruise Line. The CM has to be sailing but can reserve up to 3 staterooms. There are different kind of rates, the best one is "space available" but what categories and dates available only come out like 6 weeks in advance. We've done 2 cruises, including the Taking the Magic to the Med cruise, with my parents. Both times we got a Cat 5 for LESS than what it would cost us to book a Cat 12 on our own.

All the CM discount info is available on the Cast Portal, including blockout dates, cruise rates, etc.

And yes, if a CM is willing to share their discounts with you it can be quite beneficial. I tend to still buy an AP so my Mom can save her tickets for when other family visits, but I have quite the pin collection due to the pin parties.

I'd mention I was going and see if they offer. All the CMs I know have had an excellent idea of whom they were going to use their admissions on....and all of them resented the "can you get me into the parks?" question when they already had relatives or friends to take care of.
I agree with crisis. As a former CM I treasured my free tickets. I would save them up, so that I could get my family, plus my mom, dad and sis in for free. I am glad, no one ever asked me to give them my free tickets, cuz I would have felt bad saying no. I always offered to buy family and friends the discounted tickets and they all seemed happy to be saving something. These did need to be ordered in advance. I miss my disney perks!!

Can the CM go as many times as they want to the parks ?

or is that too limited , and can they go to all the parks or just
the ones they work for ?

What about part time CM's are benefits the same?

Can the CM go as many times as they want to the parks ?

or is that too limited , and can they go to all the parks or just
the ones they work for ?

What about part time CM's are benefits the same?

CM can go to any park at any time with there ID card.

PT CM have the same benefits as far as the passes and discounts.

Seasonal CM have a little differnet benefits. But I can't remember exactly what they get.

I had that same thought. I don't think I would ask, but I *would* tell them how awesome it was that they worked for Disney and hope for the best :rotfl:

Seasonal CM-6 visits a year for up to 3 guests (or more depending on dependant family), 2 comp tickets per year, holiday ticket

Part Time CM-6 visits a year for up to 3 guests, 4 comp tickets per year, holiday ticket

Full Time CM-12 visits per year for up to 3 guests, 4 comp tickets per year, holiday ticket

Salaried CM-Unlimited visits per year for up to 3 guests, 4 comp tickets per year, holiday ticket

There are block out dates-many more this year. All of July is blocked out. Also, the CM must stay with their guests all day now if they are not immediate family. Even if they hop to another park.

imho - a little nervy of you to think this relative would take you into the park for free - don't they have their own family or friends? I would never ask a family member to do this-

My best friend has been a full time cast member at Disney for the last 8 years. She gets X amount of days per year to use. I think she is currently at 12 days. Each of those 12 days she can get up to 3 people in the park at a time. If she only gets one person in, it still counts as one of those 12 days. They can roll over the unused days each year (not sure if there is a cap). One of co-workers has actually gotten us in before when my friend has been low on days. This co-worker has been with the company for a very very long time and has enough days to get up to 3 people in the park every day all year!!

The passes we get when she gets us in IS a park hopper. As early as last week we went into Animal Kingdom with her and were able to hop to the other parks all day. That could be dependent on the type of employee or something.

HTH!!

There are a couple of different types of passes. When my Mom was a manager at a Disney Store she had a Silver Pass which got her 3 people plus herself or spouse into the parks on any day except blackouts.

Now, she works at WDW but just as a regular CM and has a Main Entrance pass which gets 3 people plus herself/spouse but it is only for like 12 admissions a year, or maybe it is 16. And there are blackout days. It used to be just used to be major holidays but starting this year there are a LOT of blackout dates. If the spouse's family is larger than 4 people the pass is good for the number of people in the family. It's good at all parks except the Japanese parks. At WDW, the CM can also get in on their ID.

The tickets you get are park hoppers. The CM/spouse is supposed to stay with the guests unless they are immediate family.

Also twice a year the CM will receive 2 tickets (so 4 tickets in total) that are one day park hoppers. These are good any time, no blackouts.

In addition to this, CM's can purchase passes, even APs, for friends and family for like a 5% discount. And tickets to the water parks, Disney Quest and Pleasure Island clubs for 50% but the CM has to accompany the guests.

Yes, there is a "friends and family" rate for hotels of either 40% or 25% depending on availability. If they are staying at the hotel at the same time/same room, the discount is 50%. Sometimes you can get the dining plan added on for 50% off. And sometimes there are specific deals (like 60% off Saratoga Springs or something)

20% off food if the CM is there for the meal at sit down restaurants, although there can be restrictions, like for lunch, only after 8:30PM. They often take away this during holidays and free dining. My Dad bought a DDE card and they just use that instead. At Disneyland the discount is good at ALL restaurants, even counter service.

Merchandise discounts are either 20% or 35% if the CM is a manager or worked at Disney for 3 years. They are supposed to be for immediate family, but they don't really care, just let the CM pay for everything and settle the bill at home. In addition, there are a couple of CM only stores. Cast Connection is behind the Magic Kingdom and sells overstock and discontinued merchandise. Think an outlet store. In the back of Cast Connection is Property Control. This is where they sell old park/resort stuff for cheap. Dishes, furniture, bedding, video games, you name it. Then there is a "damages" trailer. All the stuff that gets broken in the park, or let's say a package was opened, ends up here and sold at 75% off. At all of these stores you need the CM with you but you can pay for things yourself (you can even use a credit card). They just need to see the CM's ID. Then there are Company D stores, several on property. Here you can get the CM pins, lanyards. They also have some CM only merchandise, but it's mostly for managers to pick up little gifts (non-Disney). Also twice a year are 2 SALSA sales (Spend a Little Save A lot) which is the same stuff as in Cast Connection but even better deals. And there are several "Pin Parties" where pins are sold at 75% off. The SALSA sales are only open to the CM/spouse the first couple days but it's like a 2 week sale. Sometimes the pin parties are CM only (like if it is held backstage in a park) but the most recent ones have been in places where they can bring up to 6 people with them to shop.

Then there is the cast holiday celebration booklet. That gives one admission to a major park, one admission to each of the minor parks, one 50% off in-park dining, one 50% off resort dining, the merchandise discount gets bumped to 40%, free photo, 6 free popcorn/drink, the hotel discount for a room with a CM goes up to 60%. These things are usually blacked out around the Christmas/New Years but they are good Oct-until then, and then after New Years - Feb (blacked out again around Veteran's day)

Aside from the parks, CM's can also buy discounted tickets for the AMC theater, other area attractions at Company D. They also get discounts on the Disney Cruise Line. The CM has to be sailing but can reserve up to 3 staterooms. There are different kind of rates, the best one is "space available" but what categories and dates available only come out like 6 weeks in advance. We've done 2 cruises, including the Taking the Magic to the Med cruise, with my parents. Both times we got a Cat 5 for LESS than what it would cost us to book a Cat 12 on our own.

All the CM discount info is available on the Cast Portal, including blockout dates, cruise rates, etc.

And yes, if a CM is willing to share their discounts with you it can be quite beneficial. I tend to still buy an AP so my Mom can save her tickets for when other family visits, but I have quite the pin collection due to the pin parties.

You have been so helpful, Hope!:yay: This was exactly the type of info I was hoping for (and as a teacher, the kind of detail I so enjoy and always share!):banana: My DD's would love some pins, I will have to "hint" to the newly hired CM to look out for deals like you mentioned!
Our whole family is into bargains and squeezing a dollar out of a dime, so they will not be offended. Heck, I wish I was working there myself! Maybe someday.......

imho - a little nervy of you to think this relative would take you into the park for free - don't they have their own family or friends? I would never ask a family member to do this-

Don't worry, Benducci, the CM is question would never be offended (I am family!) :love: and here is a quote for the lurking tag fairy:

The meek may inherit the earth, but the bold may get freebies at Disney!:rotfl2:

Heck, now I am calling to tell him to look into resort dates at his discount for me!:banana: VALUE resorts, of course!!!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter