• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Club 33ers on the Dis?

satorifound

They told me to keep coming back and I did!
I just found out about this place (Club 33) and was very curious.... ;)

Good luck trying to eat there! Ultra super long waiting list!

Yeah, 14 years!!! Says if you are a member you can get other people reservations.... Or something to that effect. Just wondering how it works. Only 487 members. Do any of them post on the Dis?

Yeah, 14 years!!! Says if you are a member you can get other people reservations.... Or something to that effect. Just wondering how it works. Only 487 members. Do any of them post on the Dis?
You can bet if there are, they would be smart enough not to admit it publicly.

You can bet if there are, they would be smart enough not to admit it publicly.

Well pooey. :P My friend told me it is his wife's dream to go to Club 33. It would be nice to work some magic, but probably not. They are on the waiting list. I guess they can go for their 30th anniversary. ;)

I just found out about this place (Club 33) and was very curious.... ;)

What kind of information are you looking for? I seriously doubt that you will find a member that will make a reservation for you without knowing you personally. They have to pay for the equivalent of a one-day ticket for each person on the reservation if you don't show up (just to start). The person that made our reservation for us was a friend of my father's so he had know us already for quite a long time.

But if you would like some details on what the restaurant is like, there are some of us on the board that have been and could share some information about it.

Added later.....just saw your other post. I hope that your friend finds someone that can make a reservation for them. Don't give up hope. I have know the person that made our reservation for years and never knew they were members, LOL.

Well pooey. :P My friend told me it is his wife's dream to go to Club 33. It would be nice to work some magic, but probably not. They are on the waiting list. I guess they can go for their 30th anniversary. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, the wait list is not just for a meal reservation at Club 33. It is a wait list to become a member, which costs an enormous amount of money, plus annual dues. So being on the waitlist will not get your friend in for a meal in 14 years, unless she's saving up thousands of dollars for her membership dues!

Sorry to be a party pooper!

I guess that is why he said it is her dream. ;)

I have yet to eat in the restaurant downstairs let alone go to the private one. Next trip we are going to eat at Blue Bayou though....

We're going to Blue Bayou for the first time too on our Christmas trip!
It's as close to Club 33 as I'll ever get. :)

My suggestion would be to just let people you know know you are interested. You never know who has contacts. I put my name on the waitlist back in 2002/2003... I had hoped by the time my son turned 21 (he was 15) I would have my membership. Not to be. Just before his 21st birthday, a friend and I were discussing his birthday and she asked where we were going to have dinner. (We were going to Disneyland.) I explained how I had always hoped to take him to Club 33 for his 21st, but since my membership was still a long ways off, we were going to Goofy's. She looked at me funny and said "Would you like me to arrange for you guys to go to the Club?" and my kids were VERY surprised when instead of Blue Bayou, they got to push the button for the Club.

Every month or more someone posts asking if someone here could get them in. I wouldn't expect a member to put their membership on the line for strangers.

We've been lucky enough to eat there twice. My DH had a contact through work. It was a wonderful experience.

Personally, I would not want to make Club 33 arrangements with someone that I did not know.And vice versa, I would not want to provide for someone a chance to eat there if I did not know them. Granted, I would include my online friends that I am close to (even if we never met in person) in that group. :)

Just a thought.. ;)

Yeah, I guess I just don't know ANYTHING about it. Hadn't even heard until today. LOL I am not worried about it. It isn't MY dream. Just figured I would ask, I didn't realize how exclusive it was as I had never heard of it.

I've read that members have graciously set reservations for strangers, who then went in & was rude, broke rules, etc & the member lost their privledges because of it. So any member who would set up ressies for a stranger would be risking a lot.

I, like many others, would LOVE a chance to dine in there, but also realize that its a very slim chance of that happening.

I have been to Club 33 4 different times. My employer has membership in our Los Angeles office, and I work in Seattle. I only happened to hear of the possibility of making reservations by chance about 15 years ago through an Executive Assistant to our managing partner that knew I was gong to Disneyland. She asked if I had heard of Club 33, and that that point I had not.

My advice would be to talk to EVERYONE you know, all your friends, family, co-workers of how you want to go to Club 33. Some one may know someone.

Many of my co-workers don't even know (or care) about Club 33. I think that is part of the charm, it is a hidden society. :)

Good luck on your quest.

If you go in the tour "A walk with Walt Disney"...you get to go in the lobby of Club 33. I know its not dinner..but you can at least say you were there!!
I was able to go for my 33rd Birthday with my family. I still have my mouse ears and wear them everytime I'm in DL. I would start asking around. You never know who can get you in!! Good Luck!!

There are corporate memberships as well as individual memberships. Corporate memberships are used to wine and dine (and impress) corporate guests, but there are a certain number of corporate associates who can use the pass and will sometimes include non-corporate guests. It's highly unlikely that you'll find a complete stranger to sign you in, however, many of the large corporations in Orange County and the greater LA area do have memberships, and if you ask around via people you might know who work in such a corporation, you may get an invitation.

Just to clarify for you:

The 15 year wait list is not for a dining reservation. It's for the opportunity to become a member.

Reservations can be made by current members for themselves and/or their guests based on availability.

As others have said, you probably know someone who knows someone who has a way in to Club 33. That said, we tried and tried to find a contact to get us a reservation for my (very significant) birthday a few months ago. We asked and asked everyone we knew and sadly, came up empty. (So we went on a Disney cruise to Alaska instead! :rotfl: Well, that's not exactly how the cruise came about, but it certainly buffered the empty search. :goodvibes).

Someone you know knows someone. Us too. It's just a matter of finding that person. :wizard:

- Dreams

I too would one day like to be able to eat there. Maybe for my 100th birthday!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter