Any chance to regularil (cash) reserve GF villas?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneyandme, May 24, 2013.

1. disneyandme

disneyandme DIS Veteran

Any chance to get a regular reservation at GF villas or do you think it will all sell out to points? I know points is more cost effective, but we always need the flexibility of room only reservations due to medical issues.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Until it sells out, there will always be builder's inventory that will be sold for cash reservations. And as members trade out for non-DVC Disney stays, that inventory also has to be sold for cash to pay for that non-DVC stay.

It is a small resort and once it sells out, it may be hard to book for cash.

4. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen a tentative opening date yet?

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I was wondering this myself.

6. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Opening date is October 23, DVC has already begun taking reservations for new owners.

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

8. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Disney retains ownership of a small percentage of room inventory at all DVC resorts, and I haven't seen anything to indicate that VGF will be any different. So yes, you can expect to see VGF villas to be available for cash reservations even after the points are sold out. In the early days of the sales cycle, you'll see larger numbers of villas available for cash reservations, as Disney still owns a large percentage of inventory. That availability will slowly dwindle over time as more and more of the inventory is sold.

9. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

And in addition to the percentage of the resort that Disney retains, they also will have villas available for cash reservations when members use their points on DCL and other Disney Collection resorts.

10. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Great! That's a Wednesday, and my "weekend" is Wed, Thurs, and Fri - so that would work out great as far as trying it out.