Any chance of meeting the crew in Philly?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by disneysteve, Dec 4, 2012.

1. disneysteve

disneysteve You have to enjoy life, not go

I know that there is an ABD Spirit of America trip in May. Any chance of meeting up with the podcast crew while you are in Philadelphia? I believe both lunch and dinner on that day are on your own. It would be great if we could put together a time for DISers who aren't on the trip to meet up with those who are on the trip. This area is crawling with DIS members.

What do you think?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wdwscout

wdwscout <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I am actually exploring this option for a meet.:thumbsup2
    When I know more- I will post on the boards.

4. 1Grumpy9

1Grumpy9 DIS Veteran

Cool...that will be something I can get to.

5. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

I hope we have a meet. It would be wonderful to meet some of you & reunite with friends already known. :)

6. Wimpy

Wimpy Mouseketeer

I may be able to attend, though not going on the ABD trip. We are about an hour and half out of Philly.

7. loveysbydesign

loveysbydesign I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream

we're only an hour away too!

8. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

I'm not sure if lunch on day 2 is a good option for a meet. They drop us off at the Reading Terminal Market to explore & have lunch, and then pick us back up after lunch to continue the tour. It would have to be a *really* quick meet. Dinner is probably the better option.

It would be great to meet some local folks!

Sayhello

9. woodleygrrl

woodleygrrl Lawyer to the Stars

It would be fantastic if there was something in Washington, D.C. I would love to help arrange something if it is possible!

Jennifer

10. disneysteve

Makes sense. Besides, Reading Terminal is a zoo, especially at lunchtime. Plenty of great food, though. For dessert, I highly recommend either a cannoli or the amaretti cookies at Termini's bakery.

11. sayhello

Ooooo. Amaretti cookies sound delish!

Sayhello

12. AmberLuvsWDW

AmberLuvsWDW Mouseketeer

We would love to come to a meet. We are pretty much in the middle of Philly and DC, so either would be great!!:goodvibes

13. drclaws

drclaws I'd rather be Mousing!

Agree with all points made here! No real good place for a meet inside the Terminal Market, but a LOT of great places to eat. (Says someone who works 5 blocks away...)

14. Sugardimples

Sugardimples DIS Veteran

Got to get a Roast Pork with sharp provolone sandwich from DiNic's at the Reading Terminal! Its the kind of sandwich you will have dreams about. Followed by a cone of Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream from Bassett's!

15. LionKingRules84

LionKingRules84 Mouseketeer

I was just there on a friday for lunch a few weeks ago since I had to serve for Jury Duty and it wasn't overwhelming, I didn't think. Just keep in mind it is an indoor market so it's a bit chaotic but not bad.

I personally love the Flying Monkey Bakery myself. I've been craving a cupcake or Whoopie pie from them badly enough I feel like taking the EL there just for one! :goodvibes

I haven't tried Termini's yet but hear good things. I'm just not a fan of most Italian deserts so I'm a bad one to ask(which is bizarre since I'm part Italian, love Italian food just not their deserts.)

I'm up for a meet and depending on where it's held I might be available to help if asked. :flower3:

16. wdwscout

As I am sure most of you are aware- the May Spirit of Adventure ABD trip has been canceled.
    So, I am no longer planning a meet in Philly in late May. :sad1:

However, I wanted to make sure you all knew about the NJ DIS Meet Weekend - April 26-28 in Bridgewater, NJ.
    There is a link in my signature for the details and to sign up.

Bridgewater is about 90 minutes from Center City- not a bad ride- especially if you make a weekend of it! We have fun planned for Friday evening through Sunday morning. :thumbsup2

And- you will get to meet members of the Podcast Crew at this meet!! In fact, they are recording a podcast on Saturday, April 27! :cool1:

So, please mark your calendars and make plans to join us in NJ!! Everyone is welcome!! :banana:

17. disneysteve

I hadn't heard. What happened?

Not sure if we can make it to the Bridgewater meet but we'll try.

18. wdwscout

I'm not exactly sure Steve. I just know is was canceled. I had emailed Kevin to find the best day and time to organize a meet and that's when I heard. John had posted the notice on the boards that same day.

Please, everyone, do consider coming to the NJ Meet. It's really not that far from Philadelphia and we will have a bigger, more action packed event than we could have had in Philly anyway.
    Sign up before March to get extra raffle tickets. Deadline for all sign ups is April 1st.

Hope to see you all in NJ! :thumbsup2

19. sayhello

I would, but since the Spirit of America trip got cancelled, I'm going to Greece with ABD in May instead! That kind of makes travel in late April a no-go...

Hope you have a great meet!

Sayhello

20. wdwscout

Greece sure sounds like fun!! But more fun than New Jersey?! ;)
    Have a fabulous trip Tobi!

21. sayhello

Well, you're right. It may not be more fun than New Jersey! :) But I'll just have to make do!

Sayhello