Any chance of meeting the crew in Philly?

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I know that there is an ABD Spirit of America trip in May. Any chance of meeting up with the podcast crew while you are in Philadelphia? I believe both lunch and dinner on that day are on your own. It would be great if we could put together a time for DISers who aren't on the trip to meet up with those who are on the trip. This area is crawling with DIS members.

What do you think?

I am actually exploring this option for a meet.:thumbsup2
When I know more- I will post on the boards.

I hope we have a meet. It would be wonderful to meet some of you & reunite with friends already known. :)

I may be able to attend, though not going on the ABD trip. We are about an hour and half out of Philly.

I'm not sure if lunch on day 2 is a good option for a meet. They drop us off at the Reading Terminal Market to explore & have lunch, and then pick us back up after lunch to continue the tour. It would have to be a *really* quick meet. Dinner is probably the better option.

It would be great to meet some local folks!

Sayhello

It would be fantastic if there was something in Washington, D.C. I would love to help arrange something if it is possible!

Jennifer

I'm not sure if lunch on day 2 is a good option for a meet. They drop us off at the Reading Terminal Market to explore & have lunch, and then pick us back up after lunch to continue the tour. It would have to be a *really* quick meet. Dinner is probably the better option.

Makes sense. Besides, Reading Terminal is a zoo, especially at lunchtime. Plenty of great food, though. For dessert, I highly recommend either a cannoli or the amaretti cookies at Termini's bakery.

Makes sense. Besides, Reading Terminal is a zoo, especially at lunchtime. Plenty of great food, though. For dessert, I highly recommend either a cannoli or the amaretti cookies at Termini's bakery.
Ooooo. Amaretti cookies sound delish!

Sayhello

We would love to come to a meet. We are pretty much in the middle of Philly and DC, so either would be great!!:goodvibes

Agree with all points made here! No real good place for a meet inside the Terminal Market, but a LOT of great places to eat. (Says someone who works 5 blocks away...)

Got to get a Roast Pork with sharp provolone sandwich from DiNic's at the Reading Terminal! Its the kind of sandwich you will have dreams about. Followed by a cone of Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream from Bassett's!

I was just there on a friday for lunch a few weeks ago since I had to serve for Jury Duty and it wasn't overwhelming, I didn't think. Just keep in mind it is an indoor market so it's a bit chaotic but not bad.

I personally love the Flying Monkey Bakery myself. I've been craving a cupcake or Whoopie pie from them badly enough I feel like taking the EL there just for one! :goodvibes

I haven't tried Termini's yet but hear good things. I'm just not a fan of most Italian deserts so I'm a bad one to ask(which is bizarre since I'm part Italian, love Italian food just not their deserts.)

I'm up for a meet and depending on where it's held I might be available to help if asked. :flower3:

As I am sure most of you are aware- the May Spirit of Adventure ABD trip has been canceled.
So, I am no longer planning a meet in Philly in late May. :sad1:

However, I wanted to make sure you all knew about the NJ DIS Meet Weekend - April 26-28 in Bridgewater, NJ.
There is a link in my signature for the details and to sign up.

Bridgewater is about 90 minutes from Center City- not a bad ride- especially if you make a weekend of it! We have fun planned for Friday evening through Sunday morning. :thumbsup2

And- you will get to meet members of the Podcast Crew at this meet!! In fact, they are recording a podcast on Saturday, April 27! :cool1:

So, please mark your calendars and make plans to join us in NJ!! Everyone is welcome!! :banana:

As I am sure most of you are aware- the May Spirit of Adventure ABD trip has been canceled.
So, I am no longer planning a meet in Philly in late May. :sad1:

I hadn't heard. What happened?

Not sure if we can make it to the Bridgewater meet but we'll try.

I'm not exactly sure Steve. I just know is was canceled. I had emailed Kevin to find the best day and time to organize a meet and that's when I heard. John had posted the notice on the boards that same day.

Please, everyone, do consider coming to the NJ Meet. It's really not that far from Philadelphia and we will have a bigger, more action packed event than we could have had in Philly anyway.
Sign up before March to get extra raffle tickets. Deadline for all sign ups is April 1st.

Hope to see you all in NJ! :thumbsup2

Please, everyone, do consider coming to the NJ Meet. It's really not that far from Philadelphia and we will have a bigger, more action packed event than we could have had in Philly anyway.
Sign up before March to get extra raffle tickets. Deadline for all sign ups is April 1st.

Hope to see you all in NJ! :thumbsup2
I would, but since the Spirit of America trip got cancelled, I'm going to Greece with ABD in May instead! That kind of makes travel in late April a no-go...

Hope you have a great meet!

Sayhello

I would, but since the Spirit of America trip got cancelled, I'm going to Greece with ABD in May instead! That kind of makes travel in late April a no-go...

Hope you have a great meet!

Sayhello

Greece sure sounds like fun!! But more fun than New Jersey?! ;)
Have a fabulous trip Tobi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter