Any chance of bettering DTW-MCO, $270, for November?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
I've been keeping a close eye on airfares from Detroit to Orlando the week of November 7-15 and the best I've seen for my parents so far is $270. Given that we still have 6 months to go, should I wait to see if prices drop further or are the chances they will....slim?

thanks,

Deb

I would guess slim. Why not buy them now and if the price goes down you can request a voucher. If they go up you have saved money.

We used to be able to fly to MCO from PIT for no more than $200. I have gone down 3 times since Jan. and the prices have been $275 or more.

We were able to get in on a one day sale Delta had about a month ago for 10/9-19 from Detroit to Orlando and got them for $136! I do think I would wait a little longer. Its not a holiday week that you are talking about (at least nothing major) and possibly even Southwest will come out with something better then that.

Last Jan I booked Spirit for $120 rt per person. I booked it about 3 months before our trip. I just kept checking their website every day for special deals and there it was. I think most of their deals come out on Thurs at midnight. I am looking for any deals for Jan this year.

If you would like to fly out of Flint AirTran has non stop flight for those dates for $99 each way. Flint is a very nice and smaller airport that many people like.

Airfare is a crapshoot at best. There are so many factors that it is impossible to predict.

If you are firm in your days and times, it is best to book when you see something within your budget. If you are looking at NWA, if the prices go down, they will issue you a voucher.

SWA may come in cheaper, but keep in mind that it usually means for a longer flight and stops. I found some great cheap seats on SWA this past Easter, but it also meant a stopover in Chicago and a plane change in St Louis, which made the whole trip down 6.5 hours! Coming home it was the same thing, a plane change in Nashville and a stopover in Chicago before landing in DTW.

If anything, I see airfare going UP. The airlines are cutting flights and flying with fuller planes. There is really no need to cut to the bone.

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

The current fare sales only go through mid to late October. As that week is not close to a holiday, you should wait until the next couple of rounds for fare sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter