Any Cdns. been to DisneyParis?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Would love to hear about your experiences, where you stayed, and any other tips you can offer.
We are going in July and hope to travel around Southern France, London and possibly Italy for a day trip...
Thinking of staying at Sequina Lodge...TIA

Trying to go 2012. We will fly Hfx to London and travel to DLP from there. I would love to know your suggested itinerary for a 7-10 day vacation when you come back.

Trying to go 2012. We will fly Hfx to London and travel to DLP from there. I would love to know your suggested itinerary for a 7-10 day vacation when you come back.

Thanks we are still in the planning stages but looks like we will fly into London, take the Eurostar to Paris and then drive to Southern France. We looked at Air Transat for packages but it appears it will be much cheaper to book everything on our own.

We are hoping to check it out as well this summer. We are flying to Dusseldorf, staying for a few days and then taking the train to Paris where will meet friends from England and spend a couple of days. Then we are off to London by train for a couple of days and then to our friends place for a week. We are beyond excited!! I too am wondering about DLP, there doesn't seem to be alot of first hand info on it.

We are hoping to check it out as well this summer. We are flying to Dusseldorf, staying for a few days and then taking the train to Paris where will meet friends from England and spend a couple of days. Then we are off to London by train for a couple of days and then to our friends place for a week. We are beyond excited!! I too am wondering about DLP, there doesn't seem to be alot of first hand info on it.

The Paris section on here is great! A real helpful group of people...:)

My DH, DD (then 11) and I were in Paris for a week in 2007 prior to taking the train to Barcelona to meet the Disney Magic for the Repositioning cruise back to FL.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Marne-la-Vallee, which is the equivalent of a Disney "Good Neighbour" hotel in the US. There was a shuttle bus every 10 minutes to DLP/train station which was really convenient for access to central Paris (about 45 minute train ride).

We bought 3-day park passes, which was plenty of time to see/do everything we wanted to. One piece of advice would be to embrace the differences, rather than whining about everything that's not exactly like at WDW. (Some US friends we met there were like that and didn't enjoy the experience at all) Don't miss their Haunted Mansion (Phantom Manor) or Big Thunder Mountain (which was the best version I've ridden!)

One of the best meals we had in Paris was at Walts on Main Street! (There is also McDonald's at Downtown Disney, but we were determined NOT to eat there!!!)

If there are any questions I can help with, please ask. I also got a lot of good info from the DLP area of the DIS as well. Happy Planning!

Arlene

Great infomation Mississaugamom, I like the idea of the H Inn, and the transportation offered sounds great. I agree with the "differences", but really, that is why we are going, to see the other Disney parks to do something different. I can't wait to go.

My DH, DD (then 11) and I were in Paris for a week in 2007 prior to taking the train to Barcelona to meet the Disney Magic for the Repositioning cruise back to FL.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Marne-la-Vallee, which is the equivalent of a Disney "Good Neighbour" hotel in the US. There was a shuttle bus every 10 minutes to DLP/train station which was really convenient for access to central Paris (about 45 minute train ride).

We bought 3-day park passes, which was plenty of time to see/do everything we wanted to. One piece of advice would be to embrace the differences, rather than whining about everything that's not exactly like at WDW. (Some US friends we met there were like that and didn't enjoy the experience at all) Don't miss their Haunted Mansion (Phantom Manor) or Big Thunder Mountain (which was the best version I've ridden!)

One of the best meals we had in Paris was at Walts on Main Street! (There is also McDonald's at Downtown Disney, but we were determined NOT to eat there!!!)

If there are any questions I can help with, please ask. I also got a lot of good info from the DLP area of the DIS as well. Happy Planning!

Arlene

Hello to a fellow Mississauga resident!!!

Thanks we are still in the planning stages but looks like we will fly into London, take the Eurostar to Paris and then drive to Southern France. We looked at Air Transat for packages but it appears it will be much cheaper to book everything on our own.

Hey Torontogal...looks like my Toronto family will be there around the same timeframe as your plans.

But we are flying into Paris and starting our trip with two nights at Disneyland Paris. (We too are going to be spending time in Paris, the South of France and Italy).

You may already know that Eurostar has packages that include transportation from London to DLRP w/ accomodations at a DLRP hotel (and look into the availability of the Disney Express check-in service for Eurostar/TGV passesngers staying at certain Disney resort). DLRP is also running a 40% off offer for the UK-market for a minimum 2-night stays; North Americans have been able to book the offer on-line via Expedia.co.uk and the DLRP U.K. site. I was able to book the offer by calling DLRP CRO directly and asking them to give me the U.K. offer.

(If you are looking at non-Disney hotels, check out the Hotel L'Eysee Val d'Europe, as it is the only non-Disney hotel that participates in DLRP Extra Magic Hours...this is where we were going to stay until I decided to take advantage of the 40% off offer to stay at a Disney resort. You can book a package at this hotel via Expedia or DLRP site but make sure you compare with getting a quote from the hotel directly (via e-mail/phone).

Have fun with your plans....and see you on the DLRP section of the DIS!

Hey Torontogal...looks like my Toronto family will be there around the same timeframe as your plans.

But we are flying into Paris and starting our trip with two nights at Disneyland Paris. (We too are going to be spending time in Paris, the South of France and Italy).

You may already know that Eurostar has packages that include transportation from London to DLRP w/ accomodations at a DLRP hotel (and look into the availability of the Disney Express check-in service for Eurostar/TGV passesngers staying at certain Disney resort). DLRP is also running a 40% off offer for the UK-market for a minimum 2-night stays; North Americans have been able to book the offer on-line via Expedia.co.uk and the DLRP U.K. site. I was able to book the offer by calling DLRP CRO directly and asking them to give me the U.K. offer.

(If you are looking at non-Disney hotels, check out the Hotel L'Eysee Val d'Europe, as it is the only non-Disney hotel that participates in DLRP Extra Magic Hours...this is where we were going to stay until I decided to take advantage of the 40% off offer to stay at a Disney resort. You can book a package at this hotel via Expedia or DLRP site but make sure you compare with getting a quote from the hotel directly (via e-mail/phone).

Wow! I actually didn't know that Cdns. could take advantage of that offer! Would you happen to have the phone numbers and e-mail addys handy? I would love to see what rates we can get. We want to stay at Sequina Lodge and thinking of using DVC points until I read your post. Would love to hear any more info. Please feel free to message me...:)

Oh..what does DLRP CRO mean?:confused:

Hi,
We just got back from a visit to Paris and of course we had to go to DLP! It's a lot smaller than Disney World with just the 2 parks but we still really enjoyed it (we = DS17, DD15, me (52) and my sister (49)). I also went in 2008; I stayed at the Kyriad in Marne La Vallee which is about 5-10 minutes from DLP. It was a lovely hotel and quite reasonable. The parks are right outside the Marne La Vallee train station. And right in front of the train station are also the free shuttle buses that will take you to the Disney hotels and the other hotels such as the Holiday Inn and the Kyriad. If you're travelling from Paris, you just have to take the RER A train to Chessy Marne La Vallee; it's about 40 minutes and it's the last stop.

If you want to go shopping, there's a big mall one train stop before Marne La Vallee that is like any of our malls here. Right beside the mall is an 'outlet' mall where there are stores for designers such as Armani, Calvin Klein, Burberry, Kenzo, Ralph Lauren, etc. I think it's called La Vallee Village.

The poster who recommended the DLP sboad was absolutely correct. I got a lot of help from people on that board; they are really nice and have great advice.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll try to help you.

Have fun and dont forget to let us know how you like the parks, my wife has been hinting she would like to go as well

This year will be Disney World Florida 2012 for Germany and a couple of days in Disney Paris

Hi There,

Me, DH and DD (8 at the time) went Spring of 2008. We loved it. Stayed at the Sequoia. The room was fine (a little worn) and there is a contential breakfast included with your stay. Cold meats, cheese, cereals, milk, muffins, tea, coffee, etc.....

I agree, it is a much softer version of WDW but still great. We loved Phantom Manor, the castle is better in MHO:guilty: and DD rode Big Thunder so many times I wouldn't even try to give you a number. :thumbsup2

We used the Metro to go into Paris in the early am and to take in all the sights, the E. Tower, La Lovre, Arch, L'Open Tour Double Decker Bus Tours....etc...in the late afternoon/evening we played at the parks.

There is a small corner store tucked away next to the Metro station where you can get food and stuff much cheaper than at the Disney restaurants.

Didn't do a whole lot of shopping. Concentrated in seeing and doing all we could.

You can PM me if you would like more details.

It's all pretty easy....you don't have the same Key To the World but something similar. All the CMs were good to us and while DD and I do speak french, DH speaks absolutely none and he didn't have any troubles anywhere we went.

PS excuse the spelling.....replying on the fly. :goodvibes

Sounds so much fun, I want to go someday!
When is the best time of the year to go? I perfer slightly off season so less tourist crowd, and we don't have kids so we can go anytime.
Any suggestions?

We went in early May. Cool in the evenings...needed a light sweater or jacket, but in the day we wore shorts and t-shirts on a number of days.

DLP was always seemed much warmer than Paris. There is a bit a of rain that time of year but it really didn't stop us. We waited to go up the E.Tower in the rain....I had bad hair :scared1: in all the pics but other than that we made the best of it.

One of our favorite pics/memories is of my DD jumping puddles in the Jardin des Tuileries. I got her in mid-jump. We have it framed and called "Puddle Jumping in Paris". So I would say a less rainy time would be better but I think if you are determined to have fun you will. :yay: Too hot and I think some of the lines and waiting could be hard.....so I would say spring or early fall.

You need a lot of time to do La Louve if you are into museums. The place is massive. I would also suggest the L'Open Tour Paris Routes.

The yellow and green L'Open Tour double-decker buses offer a "Hop on, Hop off" service to all major attractions in Paris using four different routes. The buses have open upper decks so that you can get a good view, and the four tour routes are inter-connected so you can easily switch between them.

Take the bus and drop off at any stop, then take your own time looking round before catching the next bus coming along to that stop (or any other one).

A great route is.....of course we got off at every stop and explored.

•Paris Grand Tour
The entire route takes 2 hours. Buses departs every 10 - 30 minutes from each stop. Highlights include Madeleine, Opéra, Louvre Museum, Notre-Dame, Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Orsay Museum, Concorde, Champs-Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, Trocadéro, Eiffel Tower and Invalides.

The metro ride from DLP is very easy no switching just straight into Paris get off and hop on the bus tour.

Hmmmmm....can't think of anything ealse at the moment but I will say I am so glad we went. it really was a great vacation.

Sounds so much fun, I want to go someday!
When is the best time of the year to go? I perfer slightly off season so less tourist crowd, and we don't have kids so we can go anytime.
Any suggestions?

Oh, just in case...regarding Le Metro.

You get on at DLP - Line A - Marne-la-Vallée and you travel to Rue Auber. About 40-45 mins.

You exit to street level and across the road (to the right) you will see the Open Tour bus stop and store. Hop on and enjoy the sights.

When you are done return to Rue Auber via Open Tour and enter Le Metro making sure you take to right Platform to return to Line A - Marne-la-Vallée. It will be a different platform than you arrived on...if I remember correctly.:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter