Any cancer experts out there?

Sorry to hear this. Take her on the cruise and let her have fun. I found out on Friday, while I was at a Key West stop on the Magic, that my sister has colon cancer. She is 62 and just had her first colonoscopy. She is coming to Tampa on 5 May for a memorial service for my brother who died the beginning of the month. He had a heart attack and died in his sleep. He was 64. They say bad things come in threes but I hope not. I come from a big family (4 boys and 3 girls). My parents died many years ago and I guess we just don't think of our siblings dying. The doctor said he will do the surgery on her when she gets back and told her to have fun. Kind of hard to do but no one knows when their time will come. For those of you who are over 50 and have not had a colonoscopy please make an appointment to have one done. I will be seeing my doctor next week and I think it is time for my 3rd one.

Great news Laura....

I hope that when my time comes... my family will celebrate my life as much as you celebrate hers.

....what the heck do doctors know?....they gave me 6 months to live....TEN YEARS AGO!!!!.....Take Nana and have the best time ever!!!!.....She is in my prayers and hope she LOVES IT!!!!! All the Best.:)

Yay that Nana is still feeling well. I hope this continues and you all make wonderful memories that you'll be able to cherish.

Good to hear that at the moment she is still feeling ok - have been thinking about you guys often. Please keep us updated - I am sure I am not alone in that I would love to see a little trip report about your adventures with your Nana on this much longed for cruise.

Sending positive thoughts that she remains well enough to travel and to enjoy every minute of her Magic cruise.

Mel
x

You guys are the best! So encouraging!

Sitting here right now with nana rubbing jerggins natural tanning lotion on her legs. :goodvibes

Chatting about the cruise and making plans for what to wear on pirates night! Nana picked out a heart shaped eye patch :rotfl2:

You should ABSOLUTELY go for it! My husband and I have lost all 4 of our parents to Lung Cancer.The Doctor's are NOT God - they don't know exactly when things will progress, but they are just giving you statistics.

Have a wonderful time, go and enjoy and let God decide. If she is feeling great then go with it and enjoy an amazing experience! After all we've been through with LC, I know this is exactly what either of us would do.

Have a fantastic trip and God Bless....

Laura- PLEASE write trip report when you guys get back.. I cannot wait to hear abt the Magical time you have. <3

I will most definitely make a trip report just for all you guys! :)

I'm sorry to read about all your losses. :(

You guys are the best! So encouraging!

Sitting here right now with nana rubbing jerggins natural tanning lotion on her legs. :goodvibes

Chatting about the cruise and making plans for what to wear on pirates night! Nana picked out a heart shaped eye patch :rotfl2:

Hi Laura :wave2:

I just saw this thread. I am SOOO glad that Nana is doing so well right now. I cannot wait to meet her and you and the rest of your family onboard the Magic. :grouphug:

Travelguard is a great suggestion. When I shopped for travel insurance for MIL after booking the cruise for them, Travelguard was the only company that would cover MIL's cancer without it being in remission, even when I bought it a couple days after booking the cruise.

Love Travelguard:goodvibes

Just thought I'd share my perspective.

Nanny is alive. So, enjoy life with her.

No one, and I do mean NO ONE, knows how she is going to be in three days, three weeks, three months, or..., well, you get my point.

She's excited about the upcoming cruise. Who is ANYONE to take that excitement away from her?

While you and your family may need to brace yourself for the inevitable and prepare mentally for it, Nanny's excitement about the upcoming cruise is EXACTLY what she needs. Something to look forward to with enthusiasm.

What is she supposed to do? Sit in a chair and just wait? NO!!! Live life, Nanny! She's alive --- enjoy life with her. :lovestruc If my Grandma were still alive, I would give anything to spend days with her discussing an upcoming family trip. I can only imagine the smile she would have on her face planning it, dreaming about it, thinking about it. :cloud9: And it sounds like your Nanny is the same.

To be very frank, who is anyone to take that away from Nanny? Remember: "Life is 90% anticipation and 10% participation."

My last thought for you: Plan for the future. (Buy trip insurance.) Live for today. (Plan the cruise, talk about the cruise, let Nana enjoy the anticipation of this wonderful vacation she is excited about.)

Hugs, enjoy the time with your Nanny,
Dreams

....what the heck do doctors know?....they gave me 6 months to live....TEN YEARS AGO!!!!.....
Good for you! I hope you are doing well. :wizard:

- Dreams

So sorry to hear about your Nana. I agree with the others. If she wants to go, and her doctors say it's all right, go for it! Make all the memories you can!

That is not necessarily true. Usually, you have to inform the insurance company, and make a decision about cancelling or not, within a week to ten days of diagnosis.

Don't concern yourself about it, insurance would not have helped. Since she was already ill when you booked the cruise, her cancer is considered a pre-existing condition, and wouldn't be covered.

I hope you all have a FABULOUS cruise! :goodvibes

Sayhello

Such incorrect information. Many insurance policies such as Travel Guard, have pre-existing condition waivers. If you purchase the policy within 15 days of making your deposit on the cruise, you are covered. And you do not need to inform the company in advance of the diagnosis.

Go... enjoy yourselves.

Enjoy her.

You can actually add Travelguard to your reservation. It would cover a certain amount of medical costs, transportation, etc. should (God forbid) anything happen on board.

Travelguard is a great suggestion. When I shopped for travel insurance for MIL after booking the cruise for them, Travelguard was the only company that would cover MIL's cancer without it being in remission, even when I bought it a couple days after booking the cruise.

Travel Guard will only cover the cancer if she adds the policy within 15 days of booking. If she booked it longer than that, then it won't. I'm a TA that sells it all the time and have copies of a few of their policies here on my iPad.

4 days until we cruise and Nana is feeling GRRRRREEEEEAAATT!!!!!

She is so excited and has been picking out clothes for the past month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter