Any Canadians who go in December

disneyfan2

<font color=red>Dreaming about a Mouse<br><font co
via Buffalo SW airlines? Did anyone go last Dec and if so do you recall any Dings for December out of Buffalo airport?

I am very sad as it might not work out to go to Disney this December unless i can get a decent Ding in Oct. :( I have been watching the flights this fall and there are rates $177+tx each way, so that would work out to almost $400 PP. So if anyone booked a Ding last Dec what rates did you get.

I would be happy to get return tickets for $250PP. Any chances?

i would have booked with Airtran too but i have credits with SW. Unfortuantely i cannot book until the fall when they expire, so that is end of Sept. But wondering if any deals came through last yr around Oct-early Dec. I figure the good rates will be gone this summer after they are released for Dec but by the fall they may not have any good deals coming?

got flight last dec southwest for $99.00 each way got a condo for 7 nights for $595.00 pretty good

do you remember when you booked this flight? I am just concerned that the best rates will be available end ofJune when released, but will only get higher or sold out by fall. I have to wait til my credit expires in Sept before i can book my Dec flights.

This will be our fourth Xmas season there and it's wonderful. In the past we would arrive on the 27th or 28th and stay for two weeks, however our oldest son is starting junior high this year and was concerned about missing too much time in January so we are going down on the 21st until the 4th. It is an amazing time to be there. So beautiful and so different from our summer trips. There isn't a more magical time IMO than when Disney in decorated for the season, but I love Christmas. People will tell you that it's crazy busy but we found to be as hectic (and the heat to contend with too) when you go in summer.

If you pace yourself, no matter what time you go it will be great. We do early mornings and evenings in the park and enjoy our afternoons at the pool and resort. That is what works for us and you beat the crowds if you are an early riser.

Is the credit only good for travel up to the end of sept.? I'm curious as to why you have to wait for your credits to expire in Sept. before you book for Dec.? Are you giving your credit to someone else to use? If you are just going to let it expire, why not book now with credit to lock in your seat and hope for a DING and re-book for the lower price and get a new credit good for the next 12 months. Even though it expires in Sept. if you phone them and ask them to extend credit another 6 months for when you will be travelling they have done this in the past. Doesn't hurt to call their customer service and ask. That said, it would only be worth it if your existing credit was worth more than the savings of a possible Ding price. You would have to do the math.

Is the credit only good for travel up to the end of sept.? I'm curious as to why you have to wait for your credits to expire in Sept. before you book for Dec.? Are you giving your credit to someone else to use? If you are just going to let it expire, why not book now with credit to lock in your seat and hope for a DING and re-book for the lower price and get a new credit good for the next 12 months. Even though it expires in Sept. if you phone them and ask them to extend credit another 6 months for when you will be travelling they have done this in the past. Doesn't hurt to call their customer service and ask. That said, it would only be worth it if your existing credit was worth more than the savings of a possible Ding price. You would have to do the math.

i have a large credit of $500 and SW will not let me extend it to Dec UNTIL it expires. The creidt can be extended only 6 months at a fee of $50, then they issue a voucher. Once i get the voucher then i can rebook. But by the end of Sept i am sure availabity choices will be down or much higher. I had wrote to them to see if i can pay the extention now, and they told me no by phone. I really want to book next week when they release the new rates. So, i thought if i mailed out a letter, they may be willing to do it. But i have had no response yet, it has been a little over 2 weeks. That is why i really want to know if anyone remembers if any Ding rates were released either late Sept or Oct.

This will be our 5th December in Disney and I have flown out of Buf on SW for the last 3 - we got the Ding last year and it was later, sept/oct. I remember because I didnt book when they were released initially and by aug/sept I was really starting to worry as the lowest prices were gone and no ding had yet been released. They did release the ding and my family flew for about 800 (4 of us). The first year we flew on them our family flew for 650! Still beats Toronto by over $1000. I find dings arent quite as good this year but still come out so you should be ok. I will try to look for my Dec 07 info today and see if I kept the flight info.

btw, we always go the first couple weeks of Dec. Last year was 9th to 16th

Stacey

I remember because I didnt book when they were released initially and by aug/sept I was really starting to worry as the lowest prices were gone and no ding had yet been released. I find dings arent quite as good this year but still come out so you should be ok.

btw, we always go the first couple weeks of Dec. Last year was 9th to 16th

Stacey

Thanks that is my hope!!! i will need to pay my trip balance by Mid Oct so i want to have flights booked by then. I can book late Sept. Last year i booked at $69 each way, so i would be happy with anything $100 less...;)

BTW, i am going the 9th -13th, so i hope it will be good for us. I am mostly concerned as the crowds are getting much higher at XMAS time the last few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter