Any Canadians used the Photo Pass? Is it worth it?

aljay

Live Well*Laugh Often*Love Much
Just wondered what everyone thought about DW's Photo Pass? I see you can order the CD in advance for $99. Is is worth it? Do the CM's do a good job of taking lots of pics? Or am I better off just using my own camera??

Alison
Winnipeg, MB

1st DW vacation in August 2012!!!!

in 2010 we did..we're from oakville, ont

it's not an either /or..we brought our camera and used photopass...

it was great for the whole family to be in pictures together...and they caught some things i didnt...some of my pics were way better...

the camera battery died at one point and i was thrilled to use photopass

also..when we split up , me and dd would pose for the photographer..

i dont prebuy as the discount wasnt that much (unless that changed) and it spreads out the cost a bit...paying after instead of before...

and if we dont like the pics we wouldnt get it i guess....we're planning on using it again at xmas...

If I didn't do photopass .... there would be no evidence that my wife was ever there!

Seriously, its the only way to have the whole family in a great shot! Prebuy it for $99 or look for another option :rolleyes1

Ted

I never saw much value in Photo Passes - especially pre-purchased one. I just take my own camera along and have the Photo Pass photographers take family pictures with it whenever they take a shot too. 90% of the time the shot on my camera is just as good as the one they took for for those last 10%, I buy one or two shots after the fact.

We always get the photopass (prepurchased). Like Ted in Halifax, there'd be no evidence I was there otherwise. :goodvibes They are also able to do some cool pics with tinkerbelle in teh kids hands, simba, etc that we wouldn't otherwise have. Its fine to ask the photopass photographer to take pics but I would think that if there are people waiting, he won't take very many, if any. His job is to take pics for photopass, not with personal cameras. And I don't mean anything by that, but its possible he'd say he can't.

We have gotten the last 2 years. The 1st year we ended up with over 700 pics xmas time. The great thing is you can edit the photos, add signatures, borders, and other items to make the pics original. You cant do this your camera honestly.
We also bring our camera but the last time we had a fraction of the pics on our camera vs the photopass.

Well worth the money!

We have never done the pre-purchased CD, but have bought many photobooks! Thankfully several of them were 30% off and then I send them to my parents in Ohio to save on shipping.

I agree that it is the only way to get us all together!

to cut down on costs join a photopass group and split the cost - we did this for our trip in January and got 100's of photos from each park. cool thing is you get all your pics, come home and edit them with borders etc and then you get your cd sent to you. in my group we each paid $20 and got all our pics. It was a great option. My sister didn't do it and she was upset that she didn't get any of these photos because she didn't know about this option ... of course, she wouldn't take my advice about tourguidemike either, otherwise she would of known so much more.

Always. :):):)

I would not think of going to Disney without buying the photopass disc.

Our family pre-purchases the Photopass as well. Our 2010 trip we came back with over 300 photos. Some good, some bad, some great!!

We also used our own cameras and that gave us another 8 GB of photos. :rotfl: Yeah, we take lots of photos. ;)

i dont prebuy as the discount wasnt that much (unless that changed) and it spreads out the cost a bit...paying after instead of before...

and if we dont like the pics we wouldnt get it i guess....we're planning on using it again at xmas...

Just wanted to let you (and others) know it's a $50 difference if you pre-purchase the photopass option. $149 regular, or $99 for pre-purchase.

In addition, if it turns out you do not like the photos - you can request a refund.

Totally worth pre-purchasing in my opinion!

Photopass prepurchase is 100% refundable.

So if you are not happy with the quality, or number of pics, simply get a refund.

The last 2 times we've gone we bought the photo pass and will be doing it again this time around. I like that we don't have to worry about one of us not being in the photos because someone else is taking it. We still take our photos but I love photopass!

I loved my pp cd! I would absolutely do it again!!
I spent a lot of time editing my photos before I ordered my cd... adding different borders to photos, character signatures, etc. Make sure you add a variety of borders... some photos I saved the same photo 4 times with a different border or the year or a signature. Also make sure you save a photo with a border on 4x6 5x7 8x10 etc. When printing photos of different sizes they are cropped differently and you wouldn't want to be missing part of a signature or border. AND its the same price no matter how many photos you edit and save to it!!!! Have fun!!
My photos are one of my favorite things from my trip!!
** make sure you prepay and get the discount!!

We have per ordered CDs the last two trips and will continue to do so. Its the only way there is proof I was on the trip. Lol.

DOOO IITTTTT
especially if you plan on meeting alot of characters, or there are a small amount of people in your group.

It's well worth the money, we preordered the past 2 trips, and after the last trip, we came back with 2 cd's worth of pictures. It's great to add on all the borders, change to black & white. Not to mention if you are meeting characters, the photographers are great at taking action shots during interaction, so you get to enjoy the litttle ones meeting the characters rather than viewing all through your camera. And you can get in the pictures with everyone in them.

It's always a must do for me as long as the trip is longer than 2 days.

I 2nd the photoshare I went in with a group from October I found on here then through FB and I ended up only paying 12 dollars US ! I only ended up with about 120 pics but for twelve bucks and the edits and enlargements I was able to do who cares !

How do you join a group and only pay $20? Where do you find this group?

I joined the tourguidemike.com site for $16 and they have a forum dedicated to it - there are tons of disney fans that form groups on a regular basis. The site was created by a former VIP tour guide for Disney - well worth checking out. I lived on that site when planning and it really is worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter