Any Canadians recieve pins?

eastcoastmom

Earning My Ears
Just curious if it's happening with the Fall Pin, fingers crossed for us! Pixie dust our way please :)

I haven't got the Fall PIN but I did get a 2 PINS so far this year, one of which I was able to use to get 35% off my stay at SSR. I even got a PIN offer from Universal! Of course this is the year we aren't going to Universal. It's really quite strange as this is the first time I have ever rec'd PINS and they just seem to be throwing them at me. So for Canadians it is possible.

Hi! I'm from eastern Canada and I received last year fall PIN, another one for the beginning of this year but nothing for fall 2014 yet... They must be tired of me calling every week to check lol... Sending Pixie dust to Canadian mouses !

I think between my husband and I we've gotten practically every Pin that's come out in the last 5 years. Except for this Fall one.. which is the one we want:rolleyes:. So yes, it is very possible to get pins as Canadians.

Do you call to see if you have a Pin or do you get some kind of notification ( email, snail mail)?

I call to check if there is a PIn attached to my name. Lots of people reported they find out this way they had a PIN because they never recieved notification by email....

I've called almost every second day for the last two weeks, we've never received pin, also hoping for this fall, our travel agent said she heard they were coming out in waves, pixie dust to us Canadians :)

I've never called. The majority have been through email and one or two came snail mail.

I should qualify. I don't know how we get them for sure, but both dh and I have an account on MDE. I spend alot of time pricing out trips and saving different combinations of things when I am planning. That may trigger the pins. I also sign up for emails etc and have ordered planning videos in the past.

We got the free dining pin last winter. First pin I've got in years!! Came by email.

I think something is haywire with the system... after never receiving a PIN in my life, I have received close to one a day for the last 5 weeks. Not sure why. I only have one account with Disney (none of this creating mutiple accounts), and I have already taken advantage of one of the PIN codes, so I have no idea why I'm almost getting them daily. Must be a glitch... but definitely, Canadians do get PIN codes :) Good luck!

I think something is haywire with the system... after never receiving a PIN in my life, I have received close to one a day for the last 5 weeks. Not sure why. I only have one account with Disney (none of this creating mutiple accounts), and I have already taken advantage of one of the PIN codes, so I have no idea why I'm almost getting them daily. Must be a glitch... but definitely, Canadians do get PIN codes :) Good luck!

I experienced glitch lots of time with dining reservation system.... For once, I would love a glitch like your!:)

I got the summer one again yesterday, as did my husband. That's three times. I so want the Fall one! I had wanted to stay at POR this trip. We're booked at CSR. I like CSR.. I love POR.;)

Good thread as I've been wondering the same thing. So very glad to hear that you still can receive a pin if Canadian.

Question...are PINs only for repeat vacationers, or can you get one on your first trip?

Good thread as I've been wondering the same thing. So very glad to hear that you still can receive a pin if Canadian.

Question...are PINs only for repeat vacationers, or can you get one on your first trip?

I could be wrong. But iv only seen them as repeaters. They are trying to entice you to come back.
Iv never seen anyone just sign up for every vacation dvd and newsletters and then receive a pin, having never gone. But thats just what iv noticed.

I received a pin code before going on our first trip in 2008. I had ordered a planning DVD. I was there once before when I was 2 in 1980 but I'm assuming that doesn't count.

I received a pin code before going on our first trip in 2008. I had ordered a planning DVD. I was there once before when I was 2 in 1980 but I'm assuming that doesn't count.

We also received a pin code before our first trip in 2008. However, I had registered on the website and had several combinations of trips saved, as well as ordering the planning DVD. So I think it's one of those things that triggered them for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter