• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

That is what mine says too and I got my shot at Shopper's. My second receipt says that my second shot was Moderna and that I got two valid shots. It doesn't say what the first shot was.

Same so I’m not to worried since it doesn’t say on the receipt for the 2nd dose. Honestly though I think that most are now turning around and stating any vaccine approved by the WHO.

It looks like Costco’s doesn’t show that 🤨View attachment 587047

Mine is a piece of paper from Shoppers that I was told to bring back for my second shot (which I didn't need to do because I ended up getting Pfizer second). It has a tag like you would get for a prescription and it indicates the type of vaccine on it. I am hoping they will just ask for/need the second one that says i got my second shot and it was Pfizer

It looks like Costco’s doesn’t show that 🤨View attachment 587047

That shows it’s brand-name AstraZeneca, at least. SII’s product is named Covishield and wouldn’t say AstraZeneca anywhere on that, despite being a functionally identical product.

Only 500k Covishield doses came to Canada, all in March, so it would have mostly been the March batch of people who got them.

Mine is a piece of paper from Shoppers that I was told to bring back for my second shot (which I didn't need to do because I ended up getting Pfizer second). It has a tag like you would get for a prescription and it indicates the type of vaccine on it. I am hoping they will just ask for/need the second one that says i got my second shot and it was Pfizer
the AZ we received in early April at a Rexall was produced in the states. We both are still confident that we made the right decision to get the first jab available even though it's been a bit of a roller coaster due to the fact that science isn't stagnant and the studies on both the virus and vaccines are ongoing. I'm sure that by the time we travel (currently looking at early 2023 😱) booster shots will be happening.

Interesting, I didn’t realize there were any from the US here. At any rate, the EU currently will only take AstraZeneca produced in the EU as a valid vaccine which is the current issue for travellers entering the EU if they received any other type of AstraZeneca vaccine. With the sheer volume of people around the world who have received the non EU type, I can only believe these rules will change. We just need patience.

Sure makes looking at entry requirements to countries very important in our initial days of travel until this all gets sorted out.

So we've never stayed off site, and I don't want to have to drive on vacation, but with how little is available at Disney in December I'm having a hard time choosing what to do. Is it possible to stay off site, like at Disney Springs area, and not drive? The benefits to staying on site seem to be diminishing, except the park buses.

So we've never stayed off site, and I don't want to have to drive on vacation, but with how little is available at Disney in December I'm having a hard time choosing what to do. Is it possible to stay off site, like at Disney Springs area, and not drive? The benefits to staying on site seem to be diminishing, except the park buses.

There are area hotels that offer shuttles. But be warned they are not the same as Disney transportation. They aren’t as frequent and sometimes only go to select parks or the TTC. If you stayed offsite and didn’t want to drive you could always Uber.

There are area hotels that offer shuttles. But be warned they are not the same as Disney transportation. They aren’t as frequent and sometimes only go to select parks or the TTC. If you stayed offsite and didn’t want to drive you could always Uber.

Thanks. I was thinking of Uber, even if it's one direction, like maybe the shuttle to the park and Uber back or something. Just trying to figure out a way to let us go for more than a week and not break the bank. Use some Airmiles maybe :)

At Disney Springs it's apparently very easy to not drive. Even if you eschew hotel shuttles and walked to Saratoga Springs for Disney buses, that's not that far if avoiding driving is the point.

...That being said having stayed at timeshares 10 times, driving 15-20 minutes to the Parks, I don't find offsite with a car to be unpleasant at all. I'd rather have that freedom. Driving to different restaurants, attractions, sights. Tampa/Clearwater or Cocoa/Space Coast are a stone's throw away to shake things up. Not sure I'd enjoy being purely onsite the same way.

We have tacked an onsite night or two to the start or end of a stay elsewhere, and like having both.

I am booked for November 6-14 at AoA. I am strongly considering delaying my trip until after Tron and Cosmic Rewind are complete.

On the other hand, I really just want to go NOW! I am fully vaccinated and ready to travel!

I am booked for November 6-14 at AoA. I am strongly considering delaying my trip until after Tron and Cosmic Rewind are complete.

On the other hand, I really just want to go NOW! I am fully vaccinated and ready to travel!

I would go now and later ;) Is there any news on when Tron will even be open? I thought it wouldn't be available for quite awhile.

I have an AP, so I plan on going multiple times😂 (I will be activating at end of September) I’m hoping all the things open during the 50th anniversary year.

I would go now and later ;) Is there any news on when Tron will even be open? I thought it wouldn't be available for quite awhile.
Tron will not be ready any time soon so you are right! November and then again later when Tron opens!

As of July 1 Alberta is in stage 3, which means the majority of restrictions are lifted (some masking remains on ride share, public transit, continuing care homes), and in Calgary, our mask mandate was repealed yesterday (again with a few exceptions).

DH, DD30 and I all had our second Pfizer shot on June 19, so as of July 3 we were all considered "fully" vaccinated... yet, I went to Costco this morning, and Rexall this afternoon, and I wore a mask both times. I know eventually I'll get used to not needing a mask, but until I'm comfortable with it, I'll probably still wear it, and then I'll probably keep one in my purse, just in case.

As of July 1 Alberta is in stage 3, which means the majority of restrictions are lifted (some masking remains on ride share, public transit, continuing care homes), and in Calgary, our mask mandate was repealed yesterday (again with a few exceptions).

DH, DD30 and I all had our second Pfizer shot on June 19, so as of July 3 we were all considered "fully" vaccinated... yet, I went to Costco this morning, and Rexall this afternoon, and I wore a mask both times. I know eventually I'll get used to not needing a mask, but until I'm comfortable with it, I'll probably still wear it, and then I'll probably keep one in my purse, just in case.
I think it will take me some time to get used to no mask. We get our second dose Friday so towards the end of the month we will be considered fully but I won't be ready to be mask less in crowded areas.

Last night we were chatting about planning our trip for this November and hubby wonders how many will still be wearing masks in Disneyland. I have a feeling I might still be using mine in crowded areas etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter