• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Canadians out there with Magic Bands?

kris.c

Earning My Ears
Has anyone outside of the US had their magic bands shipped to them? Or will we have to wait to pick them up at the front desk when we arrive?

I'm in Ontario and placed an order for our magic bands earlier last week and have not received notice that they have shipped. I've read that many Americans had their bands ordered and delivered in as little as 2 days! I know it will take longer for me to receive in Canada, but my order status online has not changed in about a week. The website still says, "Act quickly! Your order may ship at any moment." Our vacation is in 19 days which is still enough time to get to us, but after almost a week, I'm beginning to think they're not going to ship them.. :confused3

Has anyone outside of the US had their magic bands shipped to them? Or will we have to wait to pick them up at the front desk when we arrive?

MagicBands are only shipped to US addresses. MagicBands for those outside of the US will be delivered to the resort.

I would prefer mine to go to the resort anyway - one less thing to leave behind by mistake ;)

We're from Ontario also and customized our magic bands last week. Our status also still shows "Act quickly! Your order may ship at any moment." I knew from reading that we will get them at the resort. Can't wait!

We are from PEI. We got access to the magic band customize page today. We are doing a split stay at the Beach club and the contemporary (Sept 19-28). I had two separate sets of Magic Bands to customize. I kind of figured that they were going to send them to us, as they ask for our address. But if we pick them up at the resort that is fine as well.

Although I really don't think I need two sets of bands, however. :confused3

A couple days ago, I asked that question to a cast member in the online chat, and she told me they would be shipping it to my address. Haven't got them yet though. We'll see! I don't really mind either way.

A couple days ago, I asked that question to a cast member in the online chat, and she told me they would be shipping it to my address. Haven't got them yet though. We'll see! I don't really mind either way.

Really? Hmmm.... very interesting. Let us know what happens!! :hyper:

I just got off the phone with disney technical support and they said that if the "act quickly message" doesn't change by ten days out then our bands will be waiting at the resort. (I'm from ontario)

I just came back from Disney on Friday. (im from Toronto). I booked my trip a month out, customized my bands, picked my FP+ rides....and everything worked like a charm. Its true that the magicbands for canadians will be shipped to the resorts. A few days prior to my vacay i got an email stating that my magicbands are at my resort (POP). When I checked in I got my customized bands. Everything worked perfectly! So dont stress. :thumbsup2

Yep, sounds like they are only shipping to US addresses. We leave in just 3 days :-)cool1:) and the message for my magic bands now says that they will be waiting for us at our hotel.

So exciting!

We're checking in Nov 5, tomorrow is my 60 day mark.
I just wanna be able to get a magic band period - home or resort delivery :)
Fingers crossed.

Really? Hmmm.... very interesting. Let us know what happens!! :hyper:

Earlier I posted that I asked in the online chat and a cast member told me that we would receive the bands at home. Since it's still saying 'shipping soon' on MDE I asked again in the online chat and a different cast member told me they will be waiting at the resort.

Earlier I posted that I asked in the online chat and a cast member told me that we would receive the bands at home. Since it's still saying 'shipping soon' on MDE I asked again in the online chat and a different cast member told me they will be waiting at the resort.

Yes, that is correct. I'm at WDW right now and I had to pick up our bands at our resort, even though I had ordered them over 2 weeks ago. They are only shipping the bands to US addresses.

Just a FYI for any Canadians who wonder if you can ship them to an American mailbox (for those of us close to the border)... I just changed my shipping address to my Buffalo mailbox, and the magic bands where shipped in 2 days, even though my address is still Canadian in my profile.

Can't wait to get them. We are doing a split stay between AKL and Yacht and have 2 different sets of bands. Thought it was odd - was expecting one set we could use throughout our entire trip....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter