Any Blue Bayou Question - Dessert only

Welivefordisney

Mouseketeer
I know I know... it should be somewhere on the disboards, I have looked and have not found the specific answer.... so I am going to ask and hope someone can answer.... :goodvibes

Is it possible to go to BB and order dessert only? We are going next week for DS 11th bday, DD graduation, DH and I are celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss and Gparents (and DD's bf) first time! We are hoping to give them the experience of BB without breaking the bank. :worship:

Thanks!!:grouphug:

What desserts do they have right now? Every menu I have seen doesn't have anything listed for dessert.

What desserts do they have right now? Every menu I have seen doesn't have anything listed for dessert.

They no longer offer the really cool desserts, like the creme trio or the cookie boat. Now the desserts are all generic :( Currently they have a chocolate cake, pecan pie, or vanilla creme brulee I believe.

Well, you certainly can do so, but be warned that your server will be disappointed (and perhaps inattentive?), as they are missing out on a tip, yet still having to serve a large party.

Well, you certainly can do so, but be warned that your server will be disappointed (and perhaps inattentive?), as they are missing out on a tip, yet still having to serve a large party.

Yeah, that's one reason that I think BB did away with appetizers and the impressive special desserts - to discourage people from doing this. It doesn't mean you can't do it, but I would try to tip especially generously if you do. For example, if I ordered a $6 piece of cake but took up a server's table for 20 minutes, I'd make sure to tip at least $5 for that one piece and even then I'd feel bad. But that's me having worked in a restaurant before. ;)

They no longer offer the really cool desserts, like the creme trio or the cookie boat. Now the desserts are all generic :( Currently they have a chocolate cake, pecan pie, or vanilla creme brulee I believe.

Wow they really did change from the days of the cookie boat. Thanks for the info. :/

Yeah, that's one reason that I think BB did away with appetizers and the impressive special desserts - to discourage people from doing this. It doesn't mean you can't do it, but I would try to tip especially generously if you do. For example, if I ordered a $6 piece of cake but took up a server's table for 20 minutes, I'd make sure to tip at least $5 for that one piece and even then I'd feel bad. But that's me having worked in a restaurant before. ;)

Oh yes, we always tip very well, I waited tables for many years....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter