Any been to disney's vero beach?

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
we've booked 2 nights in October before our cruise. Anyone been?

Have booked the character breakfast there on the Saturday morning.

So new plan is 10 nights cabana bay, 2 nights vero beach then 4 nights Disney Dream.

Yes, many times. We used to own DVC there. It was one of our very favourite places, very relaxed and friendly. We loved the Green Cabin Room for snacks, drinks overlooking the ocean and great sunsets. However, we haven't been for many years, since the hurricane hit, as we sold our Points. I'm sure it is still as wonderful.

Pam

I know this a little late but we've been for a couple of nights and absolutely loved it to the point we are now going for a week or more next year and having a break from Orlando. The kids loved the club activities and the pool and everything felt smaller and more cosy even though its a big resort. The camp fire is great by the way as was the character breakfast.

Thank you that is great to hear. I think you have 2 girls similar age to mine (DD is 9) so good to know they liked the kids activities . I've booked the character breakfast for the day we check in. Can I ask what room type you had? We've gone for a studio.

We had a studio too, you park the car in the underground car park and you should be in the main building so it's just a lift up to your floor. The girls (well remembered, 6 & 9) did a number of clubs but tie die T-shirt and shark tooth necklaces were their favourites. The kids club people get them doing dancing by the ppol and a quiz for sweets that grown ups "help" with was good too, mine are pretty shy but they joined in pretty much everything. I'd say the interaction with kids was as good if not better than on the cruises if you've been on one!

The pool is heated even in summer so it's absolutely glorious to be in from am until after dark for kids and grown ups alike and I can tell you I went down the slide as much as the girls did, it's so fast.

We also did the camp fire which I mentioned, we're a pretty quiet reserved family but were all singing along at the top of our voices with the kids, the girls still break out into some of the songs now nearly a year later. We also did an astronomy night where they got a big reflector telescope out on the deck after dark and the girls could see the moon and a plant (mars I think). Only about 10 kids showed up to give you an idea how cosy it all felt. To wile away the time waiting for the sky to go dark, one of the club people brought out loads of bubble mixture and wands and they all ran around like loonies blowing giant bubbles on the deck.

Finally, I was nervous of no-see-ums but I needn't have been. None of us set foot on the sand, we were having too much fun at the hotel!

Oh, heavens, I'd forgotten the no-see-ums! They loved me - even sitting round the pool or on our balcony or on the balcony of the Green Cabin Room. Nothing deterred them from me, but husband and daughter weren't bothered at all by them. Loved the campfire with the S'mores too. The memories, the memories!

Pam

Thanks for the detailed responses. Really looking forward to it. Funnily enough we are on our first disney cruise after vero beach.

I have warmed DH about the bugs - he always gets bitten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!