• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

any advice??

cricketina

Earning My Ears
Hi,

My fiance and I have just started planning our wedding for next year. We'd really love to get married at Disney, but we're trying to weigh out our options. Does anyone have advice for us? We're going for simple but elegant and fun, but don't really know where to start with a budget.

Thanks for the help!

Have you checked out the http://www.disneyweddings.com page. They do/did have a sample budget on there. Plus if you register to create your WishBook you will devlop a better idea as to what your budget might look like. It will give you the location option, floral, music, photo, transportatoin, food, extras, table settings, etc with estimates costs associated with each. Remember those are only guides as everyones actual costs are different. HTH.

We were looking at that, and we've got an appt to meet with a consultant at WDW, I guess we were trying to figure out if it was going to be about the same to have it there as anywhere else or if there would be a huge difference or whatever.

Well I think firstly sit down with your fiancee and any party involved in paying for the wedding and set a budget. Next figure out approx. how many guests you are thinking is it an intimate 8 person wedding? 50 people? 200 people? that will really effect the budget most.

In terms of disney custom or wishes weddings I think you can start at around $10,000 and go way upward.

We were looking at that, and we've got an appt to meet with a consultant at WDW, I guess we were trying to figure out if it was going to be about the same to have it there as anywhere else or if there would be a huge difference or whatever.

I think that depends on where you're from and how expensive weddings are there. I know we have a lot of NJ brides here who say that the cost of getting married up there is close to scandalous! ;) Depending on the size of your wedding, and how many things you add on, your Disney wedding could end up quite costly or very reasonable (we, for example, only spent $8k total, including our Disneymoon, but had an Intimate/Escape wedding with a total of 16 people).

www.mouseweddings.com is another good resource, btw.

And welcome! Feel free to look around here for answers to your questions; there's invaluable info just waiting to be discovered! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter